Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

winch inside factory bumper

Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winch inside factory bumper

I have always liked the factory look of the JK's. add a winch, lift, and bigger tires and to me it's perfect. so when my wonderful wife bought me a winch, I didn't want to put an aftermarket bumper on my JKU. I also didn't want to set the winch on top of the bumper. So, thanks to this thread, I was able to work through it and mount it inside the bumper.
I lost my photos I took while working on it but there are plenty of threads about it. Pull the bumper off, custom welded a plate to mount the winch upside down between the frame rails. Mount the solenoid on top of the bumper and extend wires. The biggest problem I ran into was cutting out of the plate for the fog lights. Cut out the bumper around the solenoid and put it all back together. VERY PLEASED with the look. Thanks for all who posted the idea before me. It was a great help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-805715599.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	270896   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1308350599.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	270897  
Old 01-28-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

what winch did you go with if you dont mind me asking for the behind the bumper install im with you i like the jku front bumper
Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any issues to running the winch upside down?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Mile Marker winch and I have had no issues running it upside down yet. so far everything has worked great.

Quick Reply: winch inside factory bumper