Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wow did I feel stupid

Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RpM-07JK
As bad as everything was going for you. I thought for sure you were gonna say the train ended up coming down the tracks. LOL!!!
Same here. Haha. Sounds like a great time and now you have a great story.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

awesome story but I have to ask did you try to go back through the same place you got stuck just to see if you could have made it like i would have (after i went and got my phone or someone else of coarse)
Old 02-05-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome
Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lol

Nope never went back I was just happy not to end up with any consequences for my actions. Not to mention we were leaving out of the country the next day. The sad part is this is not the first time I have done this. A couple hours before having to go to the airport to go to my wedding reception I had got new tires and was testing them out and found myself stuck on a sandy beach several miles out of town. Same kinda story on my lonesome, no winch and no cell phone. I wonder how long before I get burned and learn my lesson? Sometimes I know it's a bad Idea I just can't help myself. Sometimes I picture my jeep as like an old dog you head out on adventure with to see how trouble you can get into. I am writing this from an airport bench a couple thousand miles away from home waiting to go many more miles away so I guess I probably have learned nothing by this experience other then me, my jeep, the forum and you Jeep guys are awesome.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I sure hope I get wifi in our room in the Dominican republic as that will be the longest I haven't checked on this forum.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
........... I am writing this from an airport bench a couple thousand miles away from home waiting to go many more miles away so...............
Well, that explains my question. I could not figure out why you would not have insurance on the jeep in the winter time. This is when you need the 4x4. (I see mine 30 days a year but I keep it insured)

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
I sure hope I get wifi in our room in the Dominican republic as that will be the longest I haven't checked on this forum.
I think you may be addicted
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

great story dude. i was grinning from beginning to end.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

A+ story! Glad you made it out. Have fun in the Dominican Republic and leave the crappy weather with us! And stay out of bar fights!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have a good trip. We'll have to go wheeling in the spring. (I have a winch)

Quick Reply: Wow did I feel stupid