Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Are you happy with your Xenon flares?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a killer deal on the bushwackers, I want to sand them and paint silver to match the body also, do the xenons have the thin rubber molding between the flare and body? not sure how the black line at the seam will look?

I do not see such a molding on the Xenons?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do the xenon wides cover the whole tire? I love to look of a flat fender.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody got tips for the install of the Xenon Fenders? My wide ones just came today!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeper2008
Anybody got tips for the install of the Xenon Fenders? My wide ones just came today!
Sorry,no tips since I don't have them yet. Please post some pics here when your done.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Xenon Flares

But.... there plastic. Go steel baby !
Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeper2008
Fallow the instructions exactly and read them carefully or you'll play he'll getting them to bolt up but other than that I love mine
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cochise
But are the steel as flexible as the plastic? I wouldn't think so, you hit something the steel isn't bending but what it's connected to is.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's why I would only fly with the Xenons to many rocks and trees on the trails that reach out and bite you. I have had my rear flare folded flat when a slid into a tree went back to normal by next day. the thin tin on the JK sucks so i try to make sure it is armored up or whatever is attached is flexible.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cochise
I wanted steel fenders, but nobody makes them wider than stock. I even tried to get every manufacturer I could find to make me a custom set and the only answers I got were a flat out "No" or "we are working on a wider setup that should be out soon." I was forced to do something to cover my tires because some of the local police officers enforce the lift laws fairly strictly. So, if you need a flat fender that is wider than the stock fender, plastic is the only option.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your Xenon flares?