Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$3k and the options are plentiful...

Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HighRoad
Couldn't agree more, it's all about preference. What I dug about this option is it definitely reduces ride weight when choosing bumpers. Bumpers w/ tire carriers can get up there in lbs, whereas this would let you pick and choose a bumper w/o a carrier and keep the additional weight to a minimum. I also prefer to swing my gate open in one step, rather than with a bumper mounted carrier that makes it an extra step to deal with when carrying gear. Again, it's all about preference, GL with your choice!
Appreciate your "gentle" approach in giving advice/personal insight as supposed to some others who are one-sided and biased so-to-say on the set-up they run as supposed to other options out there. Yea, totally follow you with the light tire carrier TF is coming out with which will only leave a rear bumper to deal with for the price & weight scenario. I mean, I almost don't mind my rear bumper. I really cant go with a stubby rear as I live in jersey and I push it enough with all the shit I have on my jeep, having my rear tires wide open(with no mud flaps) would draw attention which I am trying to avoid as much as I already have been. That being said, my rear bumper wraps around, etc....
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rustyshackleford
You could always get the psc rear bumper and teraflex holder..
You can get them in raw steel right? or do they only come in raw steel? Also, unless I am missing it... I dont want the cutouts for the lights either bc then thats extra money and time for the added lights. Also, it appears its a stubby.... not sure I scan swing that here in Jersey

Last edited by FoxRacingJMC; 03-01-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out the OR FAB 83208 rear. Price point is right and isn't a stubby.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HighRoad
Check out the OR FAB 83208 rear. Price point is right and isn't a stubby.
Looks like it's exactly what I would want out of a rear bumper. Wide enough, D-Ring mounts(either that or one with a hitch receiver to add the D-Ring there), and a nice design. Thing is, they only offer tire carriers that mount to the body. I know the Teraflex one was brought up, but who knows when its gonna be released, and if the 35" is $500, how much is the one for 37" gonna be ya know? So, it brings me back to the Bumper/Tire carrier combo... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Junkie

While I havent pulled the trigger yet, I most likely will next week....and about a month after the order is placed, I will be the proud owner of a new LoD bumper! GIT-R-DONE!

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/cata...a-p-16135.html

Yea, I know it's above my $1,000 budget and I went on about how I don't wanna put too much more of my own money into the bumper, but after doing my due-diligence and QA and all that good stuff, it's the best bumper/tire carrier with Hi-Lift mount and other mounts to suit my needs.

I've looked at em all(rear bumpers with or without tire carriers, seperate tire carriers and using the stock bumper), and all the pros/cons, mounting options for additional trail gear, weight, deisgn, recovery points, etc. So, LoD it is.

Who's got this bad boy of a bumper that can tell me what they think and how much they like it(or LOVE it). Cause, from what I've read - I don't think I ever hear anyone complain about their LoD.... I mainly hear complaints about other brands!

Quick Reply: $3k and the options are plentiful...