Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

****DAMAGE From your dealer Alert****

Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ****DAMAGE From your dealer Alert****

I just had a nice run in with my dealer over them running the rear tag screws "through" my rear corner. Seems the moron that put my tags on at the dealer did not use the two screw holes provided on the left of the tag bracket and used the top two instead. Now I have a nice hole to start rusting

The best part is......."They can't be held responsible because I have had it for two months and they can't control what happens to vehicles after they leave the lot"

Word to the wise, Check your tag mounting in the rear. They are only supposed to use the two left side screw holes
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. Maybe you can patch it up before rust sets in.

I was standing there when the dealer mounted the plate. Made sure their advertising frame didn't go on.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
"They can't be held responsible because I have had it for two months and they can't control what happens to vehicles after they leave the lot"
That's the BIGGEST line of B.S. I've heard in a long time!!!!
Call Chrysler up!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by priell3
I was standing there when the dealer mounted the plate. Made sure their advertising frame didn't go on.
Yea.. me too. It went on anyway. I pulled out my screwdriver and took it off. Handed it to my sales guy on the way out the lot.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Well it gets better. I convinced them to fix it because it wasn't my fault. Thet needed it dropped off for someone to look at it. I figured things were going my way so I thought I would get the oil changed while it was in there. Well, whatever moron did the oil change laid my hood up against my windshield and scratched both the roof line at the top of the windshield and my hood. So now I have a scratched hood, a scratched windshield frame, and a nice big screw through my back sheetmetal. Tomorrow should be interesting
Old 05-31-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, picked mine up from my "5 Star Certified" award winning dealer tonight at closing time. They had repaired the thow out bearing according to the TSB. Now I have an incorrectly reinstalled shift boot and a greasy smudge across the pass front seat where the dumb monkey who messed up the boot laid his greasy arm. No answering machine there...

Last edited by RepressedSince15; 05-31-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM
JK Super Freak

So, LidLess, what dealer should I avoid?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PoorDad
So, LidLess, what dealer should I avoid?
I went by there early this morning and was assured by the service manager that everything will be taken care of. I have an appointment with the body shop to fix the hood and screw holes to my satisfaction next friday. He is even going to give me his Rubicon Demo to drive while it's in there. I was a little angry to say the least when I posted, but being in business myself, and knowing that things do go wrong, I like to give people a chance to make things right. This is what separates the good business's from the bad. I will say the dealer is in Maryland so I don't think you have any worries.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I went by there early this morning and was assured by the service manager that everything will be taken care of. I have an appointment with the body shop to fix the hood and screw holes to my satisfaction next friday. He is even going to give me his Rubicon Demo to drive while it's in there. I was a little angry to say the least when I posted, but being in business myself, and knowing that things do go wrong, I like to give people a chance to make things right. This is what separates the good business's from the bad. I will say the dealer is in Maryland so I don't think you have any worries.
I'm in Maryland and I'm still looking to buy. Who was it?

Quick Reply: ****DAMAGE From your dealer Alert****