Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 dr Vs 4 dr

Old 09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 dr Vs 4 dr

i have both a 2 and 4 door jks and have lately been torn between which would be the better rig to invest money into. the rig will be set up for the most natsy terrain and will pull an off road trailer. 2dr is an auto. rubi and the 4 door is a standard x. the rig of choice will get all the goodies so i'm not worried about the 4 dr being an x. opinions please.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

that's tough. before getting my 4-door, i would have said the 2-door hands down. now, i'm not so sure. the 4-door takes a little getting used to but once it's built up to the point where mine is at now, i'd have to say that it might perform better on the trial than a 2-door. granted, if you're only going to moderately build your jeep - i.e. 35's and a 3" lift, i think the 2-door would be the better way to go.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mod the 2dr and pull it with the 4dr. LOL I would mod the 4dr you can carry more gear on the inside for those long trips to the trails. And bring your friends with you to enjoy the trail. I'm alittle bias though cus I have a 4dr. But if I were you I would be asking the same question.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Mod the 4 door because it is an x, and the 2 door is a rubi. They are both unbelieavable offroad already, but the rubi already has a lot of goodies and is worth more as it is right now.

I would personally rather have a 2 door and used to think that the 4 doors were sacrilege but after seeing all the fine rides on this forum some of them in person, I would have to say that the 4 doors look just as good as the 2 doors. (although I think the 2 doors look fine even from the factory but the 4 doors are begging to have 35's.) And once you get past a 35" tire, I think the 4 doors look better hands down.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

one of my biggest concerns is pulling the trailer and being too long on tight trails. the trailer thing is a new buisiness and is a must to tag along
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd say mod out the 2dr and pull it w/ the 4dr.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Ahhh if you got a trailer...I would do a two door!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

2-door, all the way!

I've driven both in Moab and just think the 2-door is more fun. It's also a bit more maneuverable on the trails. I felt like I was driving a bus when I drove the 4-door.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

I would go two door aswell. That's my ultimate goal once I get it paid off. Purchase a full size turck and trailer and then pull my two door. Build it wild enough to turn heads cruising around town but not have to worry about being able to drive it home after a long day on the trail.

Also I own a two door but have driven a four door, and to me, unless you got kids or are planning on going on cross-country wheeling tours, I think the 2 door has optimal space for all your gear and can get you in and out of those tight spots
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

i love the 2 dr also. i do have 2 kids but they never complain. its only a pain loading and unloading the little ones. i'm leaning toward the 2 dr so its not a limo on the trail with the trailer back there