Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 requests of manufacturers (or Chrysler)

Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 requests of manufacturers (or Chrysler)

I know its been said many times, many ways but number one, and affordable v8 option. Pentastar is still a minivan motor, we need some muscle. There has got to be someone that can come forward with an affordable V8 option for the Jeep.
Next, Wild Boar either needs to get their heads out of their asses and come back to reality (do they realize how much sales would increase if they made an affordable top?) Clearly, they don't care about the jeep community. It fiberglass and windows, I'm no good at it but I've seen some real talent here. Can someone make an affordable slant back? I think Lifts are covered but powerplant and a slant back would make by day if I could do them both for 10 grand or so....
Old 01-16-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I always scratched my head as to why they never put the 4.7 in the Wrangler. I don't know much about the engine--maybe it is a crapper, but it looks good on paper.

What I'd really like in mine is a Chevy 5.3. That would be perfect. I've had 5 of them and they've all been strong, efficient, and have had no vices. None ever used a drop of oil, either. Throw in a Hydromatic 6 speed, and I'd even give up shifting for myself.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe I read somewhere on this forum that there is a company working on ls conversion kits (not sure what it included...adaptor plates/brackets, electrical, ect) but that would open up a cheap,(not the conversion kit itself but the motor at least) reliable, well established alternative v8 option. Just don't know what ever came of it?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice little small block 350 like the ls-1 would be awesome. That engine is also surprisingly good on gas too.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by efan450
I believe I read somewhere on this forum that there is a company working on ls conversion kits (not sure what it included...adaptor plates/brackets, electrical, ect) but that would open up a cheap,(not the conversion kit itself but the motor at least) reliable, well established alternative v8 option. Just don't know what ever came of it?
Yes, i read the same, and from what i have read, it seems like they already offer a conversion kit much like the AEV hemi conversion kit. Here they are http: //lswrangler.com/
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
I know its been said many times, many ways but number one, and affordable v8 option. Pentastar is still a minivan motor, we need some muscle. There has got to be someone that can come forward with an affordable V8 option for the Jeep.
Next, Wild Boar either needs to get their heads out of their asses and come back to reality (do they realize how much sales would increase if they made an affordable top?) Clearly, they don't care about the jeep community. It fiberglass and windows, I'm no good at it but I've seen some real talent here. Can someone make an affordable slant back? I think Lifts are covered but powerplant and a slant back would make by day if I could do them both for 10 grand or so....
The pentastar is not really a minivan motor considering it is also in the grand Cherokee
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
The pentastar is not really a minivan motor considering it is also in the grand Cherokee
just noticed you are in Holyoke, where do you wheel? I'm in Brattleboro

Quick Reply: 2 requests of manufacturers (or Chrysler)