Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2007 warranty question?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 warranty question?

was just wondering if i can put a two inch lift on my jeep and not effect the life time warranty. also would like to add an amp and better speakers without effecting the warranty. any info plz let me know thanks, rob
Old 03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

As for the lift kit, from what i read, it will only void the warranty if they can prove that it was the lift kit that caused the break down of the "warrantied" part.

Changing speakers and adding an amp, will definitely void the stereo warranty.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

You have just asked the most asked question in the world of automotive modifications.

Is the warranty voided? Only on the parts you change and the parts they are associated with IF they caused the problem. Will a dealer give you problems with warranty work on other parts? Probably... dealers will try to get out of fixing things under warranty on a 100% stock Vehicle.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
You have just asked the most asked question in the world of automotive modifications.

Is the warranty voided? Only on the parts you change and the parts they are associated with IF they caused the problem. Will a dealer give you problems with warranty work on other parts? Probably... dealers will try to get out of fixing things under warranty on a 100% stock Vehicle.
Purchased a 94XJ 5spd in 94. opted for the 1 year bumper to bumper and the 5yr power train warranty. Added a 4" lift with 31's in 95. Increased the lift to 6" and replaced the 31's with 33's, and installed 4.10 gears in 96. By the beginning of 97, I had ripped out the airbox and added a CAI, along with a catback with flowmaster, ARB front bumper with winch, and a rear Custom 4x4 bumper with tire carrier, along with all the plating underneath, and a set of Warn manual locking hubs up front. In late 97, developed a rear main seal leak. Took it to the dealer for replacement under warranty. When I picked it up the service manager told me they had a heck of a time removing one of the plates to get to the seal. He also said by the looks of the underside I had done some hardcore wheeling. When I asked how much I owed, he said the parts and labor came to $586, completely covered by warranty. Sign here please.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Purchased a 94XJ 5spd in 94. opted for the 1 year bumper to bumper and the 5yr power train warranty. Added a 4" lift with 31's in 95. Increased the lift to 6" and replaced the 31's with 33's, and installed 4.10 gears in 96. By the beginning of 97, I had ripped out the airbox and added a CAI, along with a catback with flowmaster, ARB front bumper with winch, and a rear Custom 4x4 bumper with tire carrier, along with all the plating underneath, and a set of Warn manual locking hubs up front. In late 97, developed a rear main seal leak. Took it to the dealer for replacement under warranty. When I picked it up the service manager told me they had a heck of a time removing one of the plates to get to the seal. He also said by the looks of the underside I had done some hardcore wheeling. When I asked how much I owed, he said the parts and labor came to $586, completely covered by warranty. Sign here please.
Which dealer did you go to? Looks like i might have to change dealers.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seryoga
Which dealer did you go to? Looks like i might have to change dealers.
Brubaker Chrysler Jeep, Lancaster Pa.
Been doing buisness with them since 94.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like you have found a great dealer. Unfortunately many dealers aren't like that one. I was just reading of a guy who bought a few Jeeps from a dealer over the years and always brought it in for service there, even with many mods. The dealer was great. Then a new service manager came in and the dealership would no longer even look at the Jeep because of the mods.

Quick Reply: 2007 warranty question?