Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 dealer invoice price?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomandy
Affiliate pricing is affiliate pricing (1% under invoice) regardless of whether it's Costco or Tread Lightly.

Participation is optional for dealers, but any reputable dealer would be happy to participate. It's a quick easy sale, they get reimbursed for the 1% price cut and the dealer collects the $75 fee (my dealer waived the $75.00 admin fee).

Just join Costco, Tread Lightly or any other participating organization and your good to go. Tread Lightly is probably one of the lowest cost options if you aren't already qualified. Annual membership is $25.00 and it takes about a week to get the packet in the mail with your affiliate number and letter (that you need to get the discount).
I signed up for Tread Lightly last night to get the package mailed today. Looks like an interesting organization.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Daves07JK

I signed up for Tread Lightly last night to get the package mailed today. Looks like an interesting organization.
The dealer called me today and said $500 under invoice if I still want the Rubicon on his lot. It doesn't, seem to hard to get at a minimum invoice pricing.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would say 500$ off and to pay the dealer fee's
Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tread Lightly misleading?

Originally Posted by phantomandy
+1 for Edmunds.com - that will get you pretty darn close to invoice.

Join Tread Lightly and you automatically qualify for FFP (Affiliate Pricing). That's how I got mine - 1% under invoice.

Of course if you want to know the invoice, just ask the dealer to see a copy of the invoice. If they won't show it - go to another dealer.
So I recently signed joined Tread Lightly and called the 888 number to get my control number and I was told that I had to be a member for 30 days before I could get a control number. I don't remember seeing that on the website nor was it in any of the paperwork mailed to me. I know the dealer won't hold my Jeep for 30 days. I said to the girl I guess I'm not buying a new Jeep and she said oh' well. Nice.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats weird.. i joined and emailed them the next day they emailed me the control # and my info no problem... i didnt have to wait 30 days .. maybe they changed something ?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dunno

Originally Posted by blockrockin
thats weird.. i joined and emailed them the next day they emailed me the control # and my info no problem... i didnt have to wait 30 days .. maybe they changed something ?
I called on the phone. Maybe the website is different? I was supposed to go to the dealer tomorrow to do paperwork.???????
Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah maybe send a email.. they where really quick to respond and very friendly.. no problems.. or you could take drive down here to maryland they where offering friends and family discounts... which is the same discount tread lightly .. good luck..
Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Strange

For once not dealing with a human being worked. Went to website and got my number instantly. Who knew?
Now it's off to the dealer to talk numbers on my trade.

Quick Reply: 2011 dealer invoice price?