Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 JK Wrangler Pics

Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Sometimes posts are moved or merged into different sections , as this is stated in the rules when you sign up here. As this is a site that is free for your use, if you don't like it , feel free to log off.
Damn you guys are like the soup nazi...NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by thom1879
Damn you guys are like the soup nazi...NO SOUP FOR YOU!
NO POSTS FOR YOU!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

For those who didn't know, read this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...angler-cousins

Some are going to like the new changes, and some who won't. But when it all boils down, THEY are in it not to make Jeeps to make US happy, but to make them MONEY.

With the death of the PT Cruiser ... do you now understand one of the reasons for the new Jeep steering wheel, instrument panel, reworked center stack? With the PT dead, they had to pull parts from other vehicles... our new steering wheel (for example) is what is found in the 2011 Grand Cherokee...

Not saying I agree with the change, just from a money stand point, they make money by using parts from other vehicles... using only parts for a JK, they end up passing the extra "cost" on to us!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Showed the new interior to my wife... she saw the Black & Saddle and said.. "looks like they didn't finish it. Looks like wood that needs some paint. Those colors don't look good together".

But while looking at the picture, did anyone notice the small vent? Looks like it is used to defrost the side windows ... and are found on "fancy" autos...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jp011014wr..jpg
Views:	115
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	82784  
Old 08-19-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

What I like:

(1) locker & sway controls to the left of the drive
(2) Shift boot looks like leather (or at least faux leather)

I'm not a real fan of this interior on an overall basis. Looks like a Lexus as other folks pointed out. The color coded top is just too much of the same color for my liking. The black top gives contrast and love the look on my storm white JK. I couldn't imagine the white top and fenders on a Sahara -- should call that one the Casper combination!

I guess I'm the odd man out -- just not a fan of the tan color. Now, metallic khaki, if that ever came back I'd give it a big .
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That tan exterior color is awesome! Is that really going to happen?

I don't like the interior at all.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

Just my 2c... that chrome trim is awful - the wrangler is more neoprene and less bling!! Please someone let them (Fiat) known that!!

I like the well designed interior, but not for the Wrangler - it's like put bling on a surf board... ohh my... and that logo on the windshield - it's like a cinquecento: too much retro trend...

One option could be put neoprene instead of leather, but that bling... it's out of place - they must put some solid brushed aluminum there instead.

The painted top is a great option, but not for everyone - Jeep, please give another option to the very hot black top!

Where's the place for switches??
Old 08-19-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Default Like it over all

I agree with Jeeparoo, I've thought the four door hard top with painted top option looks like a Mercedes G Wagon....especially in silver (as shown in the spy pic that's been around the last two months on allpar.com). I've been saying that all along. But that's not too bad IMHO because the G Wagon is a sweet SUV and looks great. I do think that the colored top is going to look good in certain colors. The Tan...oh yeah, white oh hell yes......the Mango Tango not so much, and I love Mango Tango but not with the colored top. The interior is a big improvement but with too many Cadillac creature comforts and leather it goes too far.

Personally, I think if you wanted a four door, leather trimmed, power equipped, heated seat, automatic boulevard cruiser you should look at the Grand Cherokee. I would.

But if you want an iconic off road true Jeep vehicle. You get a Wrangler two door, manual tranny, with crank windows and end up with a real Jeep.

Me....I'm thinking I have a new favorite current color.....Sahara Tan with a black interior. Oh, but absolutely in a two door, stick

When the new engines hit I'll be buying another Jeep a two door, stick JK probably in Mango with a Black top, or Saraha Tan with painted top, or white with white top as long as I can delete power crap from the order. I've been hoping to see a white hard top reappear since they went away years ago. Yes, Jeep made a factory white hard top years ago and it looked great on a white Jeep.....looked like it belonged in the desert in Africa on a safari adventure, it was sweeeeeet!

B.S.

Last edited by B.S.; 08-19-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rpiotr01
Is it just me, or are the glass panels on the rear sides and back of the hard top larger/ wider than on the outgoing model?
Yes, the rear glass is slightly wider maybe 1.5 to 2 inches wider on each side. Doesn't look bad though.

B.S.

Last edited by B.S.; 08-19-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

The Sahara Tan is a nice color addition that has been long overdue, although a darker tone would have been more to my liking. As for the interior, it most certainly looks nice, although not what I am looking for in a Wrangler.

As I mentioned in the doomsday thread that listed the new features of the 2011 (from earlier this year), some people need a
REALITY CHECK!

Broadening of the Wrangler market is a GOOD thing. Yes, it is painful to see such a capable vehicle relegated to mall hopping and grocery shopping, such a shift is important for the survival of the Wrangler. If you have not noticed, the auto industry is in DEEP trouble right now. Manufacturers are desperately looking for a way to manage the product lines that produce and cut those that don't. If the design of the Wrangler was geared toward the niche rock-crawler crowd, this would be the LAST year for Wrangler.

Will there be a bunch of soccer moms who don't know to wave back? Sure enough! But think of it this way... when you see the 1 out of 20 Jeep drivers you wave at that actually waves back, you will share a moment in space with someone else who knows and understands what "It's a Jeep thing" means. And to the soccer moms, you will just nod knowingly at them because they are keeping the Wrangler for the next generation.

Edited to add one last thing: For those saying that there is no external antenna, look again. While the antenna itself is not there, the mount is. That suggests to me that they were removed because some idiot photographer felt it was distracting or some other BS. Every view of the passenger side shows the black stub mount for the antenna, right where you would expect to find it.

Last edited by _Jedi_; 08-19-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Wrangler Pics