Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 opinions

Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 opinions

So what does everybody think of the new ones? I looked at them last weekend. I liked the steering wheel controls. And some of the dress up stuff on the interior (sahara).
Old 10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the interior but still waiting for the new motor before I decide.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Having taken one of the new GCs with the Pentastar 6 cylinder out for a drive...I'm looking forward to it in the 2012 Wrangler. New interior is well...refined. And I've never associated "refined" with Jeeps.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

I like the new interior
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like the positive attitude. Hate to be the negative guy hear but I actually dislike the interior. Don't know why but I don't like the luxury features added to the wrangler aka steering wheel. Loved the older style which was a yj style steering with a air bag inside. I'm a wrangler fan because of the history so thats why I guess I love old school
Old 10-14-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Urban Assault Vehicle
So what does everybody think of the new ones? I looked at them last weekend. I liked the steering wheel controls. And some of the dress up stuff on the interior (sahara).
I'm very happy with my Sahara. I am finding it hard to get use to the throttle response and clutch. I am also finding myself shutting my door twice, since the Jeep is very air tight. Other than that I love it. I went from an 02 TJ to the 11, so I already had controls on the wheel, but I love the extra buttons. Can't wait till the summer to test the durability of the new interior...
Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sat in a few deciding deciding if the new interior was was worth the extra $$$ it was going to cost me vs. the better deals I could get on a 2010. I really liked the interior. The materials to me didn't feel chinzy like other thread posts have made. I really liked the fabric design on the seats compare to the 2010. (Only looked at the Rubicon version, don't know if other models are different). All that said, I'm perfectly content with the 2010's interior and I ended up w/ a '10 because the price difference I could get was too much to ignore.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hitthegspot
I am also finding myself shutting my door twice, since the Jeep is very air tight.
LOL, I don't think of Jeeps as being air tight, but the doors (lower part anyway) may be designed to be water tight for fording. That's just my reasoning.

Quick Reply: 2011 opinions