JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   2011 Wrangler Mojave Edition (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/2011-wrangler-mojave-edition-174419/)

JK-Tex 04-20-2011 04:56 AM

2011 Wrangler Mojave Edition

Whoopdee doo. :naw:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/20/2...ff-its-lizard/

https://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog...ler-mojave.jpg

Jeep will officially introduce the latest in the brand's stream of factory-customized machines (Call of Duty: Black Ops Edition, Wrangler Islander and Mountain trims and the upcoming JK-8 pickup truck conversion kit) at the 2011 New York Auto Show today. The 2011 Jeep Wrangler Mojave was designed to pay homage to the legendary Mojave Trail and comes with special interior and exterior additions that set it apart from the rest of the Wrangler family.

The party gets started with a Wrangler Sport and adds a body-colored hard top and fender flares alongside 17-inch wheels wrapped in 32-inch tires. Those rollers are the same kit found on the likes of the Wrangler Rubicon. Unique lizard decals on the hood and a blacked-out fuel door cap off the exterior tweaks.

Jump indoors and you'll find dark leather seats with lizard embroidery. Trust us when we say that it looks better than it sounds. Driftwood accents are littered through the cabin and slush floor mats come standard. The final price tag for this machine sits at $29,195 plus a $750 destination fee. Follow the jump for the full press release.

mack78 04-20-2011 04:58 AM

Pass. :yawn:

TN_JK_GA 04-20-2011 05:07 AM

Tan

I like the tan but the rest can go.
:naw:

plac 04-20-2011 05:07 AM

that is so dumb... i mean i probably like lizards more than most people here... but thats a stupid jeep.

SLVR07 04-20-2011 05:10 AM

I have a problem with my eye.......I just cannot see paying a premium for those upgrades.

Brick-JK 04-20-2011 05:17 AM

It really makes you wonder if car designers / marketing people own an internet connection.

Do you they ever look to see what the majority of people do to customize their own jeeps?

How times have you read a thread here that begins with " Just got my JK , first mods are color matched hardtop , painted flares and some decals" Lets see um.. never.

Seems to be the same from manufacturer to manufacturer . Honda did the same thing with the S2000. I had two of them and each year they took more sportiness away and added elements that no one asked for.

my .02

JK-Tex 04-20-2011 05:18 AM

"Gee, Bob, you've really outdone yourself with this new Mojave Edition Wrangler."

"Thanks, Sal, ain't she a beaut'?"

"Say, Bob, I noticed that it doesn't actually say 'Mojave' anywhere on it."

"Wha? But we had these giant stickers printed up special! I can't believe we forgot to use them."

"It's almost beer-o-clock, Bob. What say we just slap that sticker on the fender and call it a day?"

"Great idea, Sal. People will buy these things no matter how dumb they look."

SLVR07 04-20-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Brick-JK
It really makes you wonder if car designers / marketing people own an internet connection.

Do you they ever look to see what the majority of people do to customize their own jeeps?

How times have you read a thread here that begins with " Just got my JK , first mods are color matched hardtop , painted flares and some decals" Lets see um.. never.

Seems to be the same from manufacturer to manufacturer . Honda did the same thing with the S2000. I had two of them and each year they took more sportiness away and added elements that no one asked for.

my .02

There is some truth to that!

lavta3 04-20-2011 05:27 AM

Not my style! Boo

Cunnart 04-20-2011 05:36 AM

Not much difference between this and the mountain IMO, I happen to like this though.

MarbleheadGuy 04-20-2011 05:51 AM

Say what you will but they will sell a ton of these...just like the Islander, just like the Mountain, just the Black Ops etc. People on this forum don't really care, but tons of soccer moms, college kids, first time Jeepers, etc WILL buy this - Chrysler marketing people aren't dumb. The 'hardcore' of this forum represent a small portion of Jeep owners. At least you get the BFG 32s and I do love that new tan color.

speed2005 04-20-2011 06:02 AM

I like it but would not pay extra for it. I bet with the painted hardtop it will be close to $30K for a 4dr Sport.

coastie kyle 04-20-2011 06:28 AM

Obviously this is marketed to the "normal" people who for some reason buy a Wrangler with no intension of modifying it. Thats like a kid buying a lego set and leaving it AS IS when hes finished building it by the instructions. Not everyone wants a vehicle to rock crawl, camp, explore....ect ect. Why they buy a vehicle that drives rougher, leaks, and is as areodynamic as a house, I dont know. BUT, I actually like it. I love the tan, and love the dark wheels/grill. So to me the colors alone are what do it. I would pick this over the other special editions, but Id lose the stickers though.

coastie kyle 04-20-2011 06:31 AM

Side note: I think for the price they should have added a roof rack and maybe a snorkle to make this "actually different" from every other special edition. Just something more than wheel/grill color and seats.

HappyCurmudgeon 04-20-2011 06:32 AM

Ditch all the decals and it's ok, otherwise i'd pass. :yawn:

~not big on the lizard motif myself, I'd constantly be driving around like an epileptic swinging my arms & trying to squish the little bastard.

I kinda like the Tiki on the islander, or the Mountains from the mountain edition better.

I like the gray wheels.
I like the color & the color matched hardtop.
I would pass on the leather. I have had leather seats in vehicles before and I am thoroughly NOT impressed with them at all.

HappyCurmudgeon 04-20-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ECHO (Post 2241447)
Made for southwest soccer moms who want bling :gak:

they should make a Kokopelli edition. :D

Enders 04-20-2011 06:49 AM

I think its pretty cool looking, but would never pay the extra money for some stickers and embroidery.

donnie 04-20-2011 07:03 AM

Color OK
Tires and rims OK
The rest Ill pass on.

dwhitt74 04-20-2011 07:19 AM

I like the wheels and gas cap cover. I also like the flat black piece on the hood, too bad the lizard screwed it up...it would be nice of all but that piece could be taken off :/

Sprocket 04-20-2011 07:21 AM

:sad2::what?:
Hey man nice lizards... Ahhhh who's idea was this and how did it make it to production? This isn't going to sell me into buying a 2011 if that is what you were thinking Mr.:doh::gak: designer guy..

bstpierre 04-20-2011 07:29 AM

What's the difference between this and the Sahara in terms of content and price? I suspect this might be a cheaper way to get a color matched roof if you want tan.

Bacon 04-20-2011 07:31 AM

fail. fail. fail.

Wannabewheeler 04-20-2011 07:36 AM

I would like to see the RODEO DRIVE addition. You know the one with chrome 24's and a chrome snorkel.

Brick-JK 04-20-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler (Post 2241533)
I would like to see the RODEO DRIVE addition. You know the one with chrome 24's and a chrome snorkel.

:rotflmao2: Careful , Chrysler may be monitoring . steal your idea :blush:

thrshr01 04-20-2011 08:02 AM

I think they copied the lizard decal on the hood from Toad's rig :thinking:

jeepersjeep 04-20-2011 08:06 AM

Next they will put a big eagle on the hood and have some hot chick drive it on tv.:thinking::doh:

Really though, It's not too bad. I think it'd make a cool expedition build Jeep. As long as they are keeping it interesting is all I care about. They are providing choices at least.
I'd buy one. Put a long arm, snorkel, roof rack. Dump the rear seats and fill it with sliding drawers and an ice box. The expedition people would love it. Rock crawlers would hate it.
To each their own right?:yup:

:beer::beer:

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler (Post 2241533)
I would like to see the TEXAS edition. You know the one with chrome 24's and a chrome snorkel.

Fixed :)

08yellowx 04-20-2011 08:08 AM

Now I know when a Jeep is NOT a Jeep!

TURTLECON 04-20-2011 08:12 AM

I like the small area that says "JEEP"... that's about it.

HappyCurmudgeon 04-20-2011 08:20 AM

I like the "no antenna" mod. :yup:

Trebormojo 04-20-2011 08:25 AM

They need to make that "pork chop" edition production with cloth doors and top. This Mojave is lame and not cool at all.

HappyCurmudgeon 04-20-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Trebormojo (Post 2241602)
They need to make that "pork chop" edition production with cloth doors and top. This Mojave is lame and not cool at all.

Now that i would consider buying :thumbsup:

dpowell5523 04-20-2011 08:31 AM

No antennae is next on my list. Wheels are nice.......and I'm done.

bbalistr 04-20-2011 08:32 AM

It's April 20th not April 1st! Like the color. The hood looks like something you would find screened on a T shirt

OneSickSix 04-20-2011 08:34 AM

Wow, waste of vinyl

Trebormojo 04-20-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon (Post 2241605)
Now that i would consider buying :thumbsup:

I know right! Feels like an old CJ.

Wannabewheeler 04-20-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by jeepersjeep (Post 2241574)
Next they will put a big eagle on the hood and have some hot chick drive it on tv.:thinking::doh:

Really though, It's not too bad. I think it'd make a cool expedition build Jeep. As long as they are keeping it interesting is all I care about. They are providing choices at least.
I'd buy one. Put a long arm, snorkel, roof rack. Dump the rear seats and fill it with sliding drawers and an ice box. The expedition people would love it. Rock crawlers would hate it.
To each their own right?:yup:

:beer::beer:

Fixed :)

Actually they have a TEXAS edition. Stickers and wheels and tire cover.

JkHauler 04-20-2011 08:50 AM

see chrysler needs to learn from Ford when it comes to Mustang variations. If you wanna offer these "different" versions you need to gear it to that model. They failed horribly at this for everything exept the X/Sahara/Rubi... All of these mountaineers,islanders,mojave... It's unacceptable and is a plain shame that they're wasiting resources and time on crap. I agree these vehicles arent tailored to the REAL jeep owner, they're tailored to the Soccer mom who wants something different than th last and are easily fooled into paying $10,000 over asking price for a stock X. Take a stock X and add 10 grand in upgrades and you sir will have a beast of a jeep.

COZDONO 04-20-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by plac (Post 2241292)
that is so dumb... i mean i probably like lizards more than most people here... but thats a stupid jeep.

Made me laugh!

mbfrosch 04-20-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by coastie kyle (Post 2241410)
Thats like a kid buying a lego set and leaving it AS IS when hes finished building it by the instructions.

Oh no, this made me laugh, as my son is exactly like this, I have tried so many times explaining to him, Lego is to build and then build something else and let your imagination run wild. He will with the loose stuff, but even those, if glue was around he would use it.

As for the Mojave, no thank you.

Blue Luna 04-20-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by JkHauler
see chrysler needs to learn from Ford when it comes to Mustang variations. If you wanna offer these "different" versions you need to gear it to that model. They failed horribly at this for everything exept the X/Sahara/Rubi... All of these mountaineers,islanders,mojave... It's unacceptable and is a plain shame that they're wasiting resources and time on crap. I agree these vehicles arent tailored to the REAL jeep owner, they're tailored to the Soccer mom who wants something different than th last and are easily fooled into paying $10,000 over asking price for a stock X. Take a stock X and add 10 grand in upgrades and you sir will have a beast of a jeep.

So I'm not a REAL Jeep owner? Wow maybe I should go back to the dealership and demand my money back.