Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 Wrangler Mojave Edition

Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit overboard on the decals for my taste. I guess it depends on how much more you are really spending for the stuff.

I bought my black ops edition because it was the only black on black 2 door Rubicon I've seen locally in a long time. So I paid $700 for some stickers, a fuel door, and some tail light guards. Saved me from driving to Texas or who knows where to find what I wanted. I do like the hood decal, the tail light guard, and the fuel door. Could do without the Black Ops stickers.

I do like my painted wheels.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

bottom line -- some people will like it and some people won't.....is there anything to it other than some decals and added fluff? nope. But there have been several Jeeps created over the past 20 years that were 'special editions' that didn't really have anything but fluff added that people have purchased and enjoyed. It's all about what each individual likes and enjoys -- it's not an ugly Jeep by any means, just takes a special person to enjoy/appreciate it. We all know it'll get purchased and that there's a market for it....otherwise they wouldn't be making it....

Sam
Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is really crap... The 2011 tan is my new favorite color but...wow
Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

ffffuuuuugggglllllyyyyy
Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
It's all about what each individual likes and enjoys -- it's not an ugly Jeep by any means, just takes a special person to enjoy/appreciate it. We all know it'll get purchased and that there's a market for it....otherwise they wouldn't be making it.
The problem is that Jeep ONLY does decaltastic special editions. Stuff like this would be easier to swallow if the occasional special edition was actually targeted at wheelers.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Although thats kinda like saying anyone that has purchased a stock Jeep and kept it that way didnt buy a Jeep with any capabilities. The stickers dont make it any less capable than the next stock Jeep. Some people appreciate what a stock Jeep can do without the thousands of dollars extra some of us put into ours to do what a stock Jeep cant. Either way theyre all Jeeps and each person can do with theirs what they please. At the end of the day its still a Jeep and the reason we're here is to appreciate Jeeps right.

Sam
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
Although thats kinda like saying anyone that has purchased a stock Jeep and kept it that way didnt buy a Jeep with any capabilities. The stickers dont make it any less capable than the next stock Jeep. Some people appreciate what a stock Jeep can do without the thousands of dollars extra some of us put into ours to do what a stock Jeep cant. Either way theyre all Jeeps and each person can do with theirs what they please. At the end of the day its still a Jeep and the reason we're here is to appreciate Jeeps right.

Sam
Good point. But COME ON Crapsler make one special edition with something more than stickers once in a while.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

I like it and I like the Jeep JK-8 Independencepick up kit conversion by Mopar. Go to offroad.com/jeep page and check it out. Comes with Prorock front and other stuff.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey all, people like what they like. If it sells more WRANGLERS then awesome! Keeps the jeep wrangler alive so we can continue to enjoy them year to year unlike the Fummers ( fake hummers) from Gm and Am h1 as they are long and gone. I personally had an h1 and sad to see it no longer in production soon because they don't sell. So let there be the sticker edition jks! :-)

Last edited by SilverJK12; 04-20-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will have to pass.

Quick Reply: 2011 Wrangler Mojave Edition