Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep concepts... Sorry if it's been posted already

Old 03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Explains why no one commented on my thread, still, ill take the FC and make it a shark catching fiend
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Were those LEDs i saw on the APACHE? Maybe a new Mopar product?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Wow I can't stop thinking about the Mighty FC after seeing it this morning. It is basically exactly what I have been looking for. Was thinking of getting a Pinzgauer but would much rather something new and reliable. How do we tell Chrysler to build this thing. I know they say they build concepts based on the response, but how do I give them my response? There is no way to really contact them? I would buy one in a second, especially if they can keep it similar in price to the rubicon. Personally I don't even need the portal axles. Dana 44s, e lockers and 32-35 in tires would be good enough. I think it would also be great to do different beds, for instance truck bed, or hard top, or soft top, or pop up camper top. This vehicle could be so customizable. Also I think the v6 is more than sufficient, not sure why every one wants giant fuel slurping v8s. 4cyl turbo diesel would be even better. Also the interior needs to go, why is it blue on the outside and red on the inside? Also leather plaid seats? The regular wrangler interior would be fine, but I still think Jeep needs to work on their interiors, check out the toyota fj cruiser interior for inspiration.

The J12 looks great too, not something I would buy, but I love the retro look.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LordEgg
I just can not get my head around how portal axles work. any help on this will make my headache go away.
Basically, imagine the back of the hub is a gear that sits under the end of the axle which has another gear on the end of it. The main axle spins the opposite direction because it reverses through the added gear. It's all for that extra bit of ground clearance.

Hope that helps a little. Looking close at one makes it all clear.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep concepts... Sorry if it's been posted already