Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The answer you will get varies GREATLY depending on the rep you spoke with. It's clear they have vastly different levels of training. I'd suggest if you get a real oddball answer, wait a few minutes and just call back.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just called CS and got the same response. Was told that I had no estimated ship date. But yesterday and for the past two weeks my estimated ship date has been May 11. I am also still in D1 status, and have been since April 29th. I'm so frustrated with the inconsistent information from CS.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

About the only thing I've learned the few times I've called is that sometimes the number directs you to a Chrysler person... and they have in the past transferred me to a Jeep person.

I'm wondering if that transfer is the important part... if you're lucky enough to call in and get the Jeep person maybe you get better status than if you're talking to the general Chrysler rep. Next time they give me a crap answer I might ask to see if their is something to this LOL.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Called Jeep CS back. They had a somewhat detaled update. They said it was currently "on hold". Likely waiting for additional vehicles to be loaded onto the rail cars before it departed. They showed that they expected it to depart on the 14th and be unloaded on the 15th where it would then be loaded onto a truck headed toward the dealer. Sounds decent! We'll see.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Well 5/9 was the ETA for my Jeep. Hopefully it arrives early next week.... To those that have their's, how close was the est. delivery date to the day that it actually arrived?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still on target for May 17th. CS said it arrived in Texas this morning at 9am.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered a 2012 JKU Rubi on Friday. Bright white, 430N, Connectivity, Black cloth with heated seats, Dual top group (black), max tow, 4.10, slush mats, auto temp, and auto trans. Cant wait to see it!

We recieved our 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that we ordered March 5th on April 10th (5 weeks). I can tell you that VOTS is a POS! I tracked that site everyday and the only info I got was that it was scheduled for production, then it changed to shipped when the factory loaded it up on a rail car. Never go by what VOTS tells you. It WILL piss you off. I noticed that customer service was very helpful when I called (which happened to be alot). Some reps gave me more info than others, but all were extremely nice and helpful.
One thing that you might ask your dealer to do is to email their rep about your order so the rep can push it through to Chrysler faster. My dealer told me that it actually gets in Chryslers order base faster that way. Also make sure they put the order in as a sold order. If they put it in as stock, your looking at a much longer wait.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

ordered my crush 2dr rubi yesterday, 5/12/12, 6-8 weeks, we will see.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Called today. May 13. Cs said my rubi is in nj waiting to get loaded on a truck to go to the dealership.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah... I don't have it yet but it was born yesterday LOL. Its on a train right now and they can't give me an estimated delivery yet, but said it should be unloaded from the train on the 20th. A weeks travel on the train seems a little long but hey I'm not complaining at this point I'm just glad its built and on its way.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2