Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-11-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend odered is and it s been 13 weeks non and the dealer told him : a sorry we dont know where he is right now it s on the rails somewhere ??

he is in canada quebec and he is frustraded, the salesman told him 3 weeks ago to put is 09 jk back to stock because is new one was arriving soon lol
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sahara-07
my friend odered is and it s been 13 weeks non and the dealer told him : a sorry we dont know where he is right now it s on the rails somewhere ??

he is in canada quebec and he is frustraded, the salesman told him 3 weeks ago to put is 09 jk back to stock because is new one was arriving soon lol
As painful as the wait in the US is, clearly the wait in Canada is worse yet!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Theoretically, my Jeep could arrive tomorrow.

Also theoretically, I could have an Adamantium bone structure.

I hold these theories to be equally likely.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

I asked my salesperson via email today about status of my order and how I'm seeing that 2013s are being ordered now. (order was placed on 5/5 - got first automated email from jeep on 5/9 but nothing since) - here is his responce.

""""Your order is still in the build stages. The 2013s are just now available to order but with no real changes. The one you ordered is a 2012 and should be coming along shortly.""""

I will ask for the VIN now. Not that I'm getting impatient - its only been one month. Just wanted to get some info. Plus the more time it takes, the more I can save up.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
As painful as the wait in the US is, clearly the wait in Canada is worse yet!
Ain't that the truth eh?

16 weeks plus here...lol

I'll phone tomorrow and see whats up.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Did you sign a contract? Did you put down a deposit?
Yes I have a contract and vehicle is listed as sold with my information in the Jeep system including email. The sales manager is going to call their manufacturer POC to verify what is really going on with my Jeep. The salesman said he expects the VIN to be listed this week based on 2 other Jeeps order 2 days before mine and their VINS just hit today with expected ship dates around 6/25.

With my luck it will arrive exactly the day after I am going out of town. If that happens my vaction may have to wait one week so I can pick it up.

Keep everyone posted. I was debating about just getting a 2013 with all this wait but figure the order time will be much longer so unless Jeep gets an aniversary verision with the V8 I will keep my 2012 when it gets here as I hate waiting.

Already looking at front and rear bumper mods any suggestions? also going to order the hot headliners anything good or bad? Just ideas to start.

2012 Rubicon, Flame Red, 5 spd Auto, Dual Top, Painted Hard top, painted fenders, remote start, max tow package, Black Leather with heated seats, auto air temp, Connectivity Group, no Nav and no seat air bags.

Going to add Katskin leather later Jeep wouldn't accept this option when I ordered as they canceled it for 2013 and had enough for existing orders so I was told. I watch them place the order in the system it wasn't available.

Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

My jeep is apparently at the railyard in Calgary. It is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer tomorrow. The 16 plus week wait may be over. We shall see.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK_Smokeman
My jeep is apparently at the railyard in Calgary. It is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer tomorrow. The 16 plus week wait may be over. We shall see.
Congrats!!! 16 weeks is nuts
Old 06-12-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Mine made it through production yesterday and is supposed to be on a rail car this afternoon with a dealer ETA of the 25th of June

Just keeping anybody posted who is also waiting on theres. I'm well prepared for a glitch to slow it down, but I call every day to make sure it makes it to the next step. I'll probably call tomorrow to make sure it got on a rail car.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

IT LIVVVVVEESSSS!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3631172398.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	328523

Pic by dealer! I'm picking it up this evening!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2