Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 JKU Floor Mats

Old 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDago
Where did you find Weathertech ones that fit the 2012, or is there no difference from the 2011 model?

Nevermind, I found them on weathertech's site. Is that the only place to buy them?

Dave
No they do have dealers. 4 Wheel Parts around here is one, and they had a reward card bonus going on at the time so it was a no brainer.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

A Customer Review of Quadratec Floor Mats:

Just got my floor mats from Quadratech item# 14254-301-07 for $60.

First of all, please let me say that the "Customer Service" was excellent! I had ordered my (Patriotic) spare tire cover and a locking bolt from them last week. The bolt was back-ordered, so I called up and cancelled it, and instead ordered these floor mats plus a copy of the "Four-Wheelers Bible" 2nd ed.

The young man on the phone immediately knew who I was based on my phone number. He immediately cancelled the order for the locking bolt (I can buy that later) and sent the new items I ordered.

They arrived the very next day! Wow! Great service!

All that being said (and not to "bash" Quadratec!), I found that the floor mats did not quite match the "mounting hooks" in the floor. The passenger side fit perfectly (NOT using the "mounting hook"). The driver's side matched the location of the "mounting hook" a bit better, but, after mounting it, there was still a bit of a mismatch along the floor towards the "hump" side of the mat.

The floor mats felt more "plasticy" than "rubbery" as I had expected, but seem to be of a nice thick quality! It is a very cold day today in NJ, so maybe I should give these things a chance to warm up a bit and settle into the floor cavities. The look and finish of these $60 mats is fine! I like the idea of the deeper grooves to keep melted snow and mud off my shoes. This is unlike other mats with "carpeted" or "diamond plate" textures.

I feel that the matchup with the floorpans was not as good as I thought it might be. I'll give them a week or two to settle down before I can make up my mind and give a fair asessment.

Perhaps there really IS a difference in the location between the 2011 vs the 2012 Wrangler JK's floor mat "mounting hooks" ?

I love Quadratec . . . please do not interpret my post as a "bash" on them!

All best, and learning his brains out,
Joe
Old 11-19-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

O have the same floormats in my 2012 JKU and they fit great right out of the box. Mounting hooks were dead on as well.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flatattack
O have the same floormats in my 2012 JKU and they fit great right out of the box. Mounting hooks were dead on as well.

Wow! . . . Maybe a difference between the "regular" Wrangler and the Unlimited floorpans? There shouldn't be any difference, should there?

All best, Joe

Last edited by Jersey Joe; 11-19-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

I wouldn't think so
Old 11-19-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Just got our first JK 2012 Rubicon Unlimited this last October and love it! Started out with adding the easy things..... Living in the Great North West good floor mats are a must! We went out and looked at quite a few options and read many reviews before we made our decision. We would recommend the Quadratec Premium All Weather Floor Liners!! We have the front and rear, they fit well, are made well, and were a great price!! Love that the rear liner is one piece!! All the best

Last edited by lifedoitna4x4; 11-19-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Weathertech floor liners on my 2012 JKUR

Originally Posted by bbolander
i got the mopar ones when i bought my 2012 and didn't like that they're small and leave alot of exposed carpet especially in the back. got some weathertech floor liners and they are great!
Here's some pictures. Got them just in time, did some wheeling in the Anza Borrego desert last weekend and it rained! They fit really well, cover lots of carpet including under the pedals. Thinner than others look and pretty firm, I think they'll keep their shape well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230a.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	239195Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220a.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	239196

By the way, those are my new Marathon seat covers. They're great!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey Joe
A Customer Review of Quadratec Floor Mats:

Just got my floor mats from Quadratech item# 14254-301-07 for $60.

First of all, please let me say that the "Customer Service" was excellent! I had ordered my (Patriotic) spare tire cover and a locking bolt from them last week. The bolt was back-ordered, so I called up and cancelled it, and instead ordered these floor mats plus a copy of the "Four-Wheelers Bible" 2nd ed.

The young man on the phone immediately knew who I was based on my phone number. He immediately cancelled the order for the locking bolt (I can buy that later) and sent the new items I ordered.

They arrived the very next day! Wow! Great service!

All that being said (and not to "bash" Quadratec!), I found that the floor mats did not quite match the "mounting hooks" in the floor. The passenger side fit perfectly (NOT using the "mounting hook"). The driver's side matched the location of the "mounting hook" a bit better, but, after mounting it, there was still a bit of a mismatch along the floor towards the "hump" side of the mat.

The floor mats felt more "plasticy" than "rubbery" as I had expected, but seem to be of a nice thick quality! It is a very cold day today in NJ, so maybe I should give these things a chance to warm up a bit and settle into the floor cavities. The look and finish of these $60 mats is fine! I like the idea of the deeper grooves to keep melted snow and mud off my shoes. This is unlike other mats with "carpeted" or "diamond plate" textures.

I feel that the matchup with the floorpans was not as good as I thought it might be. I'll give them a week or two to settle down before I can make up my mind and give a fair asessment.

Perhaps there really IS a difference in the location between the 2011 vs the 2012 Wrangler JK's floor mat "mounting hooks" ?

I love Quadratec . . . please do not interpret my post as a "bash" on them!

All best, and learning his brains out,
Joe

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

UPDATE: 1-12-12

Well... I just ordered and recieved the "tan" version of floor liners from Weathertech . . .

What a difference!

They fit 100% PERFECTLY!! . . . no problems with matching the grommet holes with the floor hooks (unlike Quadratec's mats).

I don't know what to say . . .

BUT . . . they look, and fit great!

They are about TWICE the cost of the product from Quadratec, but:

1) they are made in the USA
2) they match my Sahara's interior color (seats and dash)
3) they fit perfectly
4) the grommet holes are raised high enough to prevent water from seeping down into the carpeting below (unlike Quad's product).

I will try to give away my Quadratec floor liners to folks on these Forums (so they will not go to waste) in the "freebies" forum.

Again . . . PLEASE . . . I am not trying to "bash" Quadratec . . . I ordered other stuff from them and I was happy with it. But their floor liners just don't compare with Weathertech's.

I want to make friends here, NOT enemies!

All best, and Happy New Year,
Joe
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Junkie

Well... I just ordered and recieved the "tan" version of floor liners from Weathertech . . .

What a difference!

They fit 100% PERFECTLY!! . . . no problems with matching the grommet holes with the floor hooks (unlike Quadratec's mats).

3) they fit perfectly
4) the grommet holes are raised high enough to prevent water from seeping down into the carpeting below (unlike Quad's product).

I will try to give away my Quadratec floor liners to folks on these Forums (so they will not go to waste) in the "freebies" forum.

Again . . . PLEASE . . . I am not trying to "bash" Quadratec . . . I ordered other stuff from them and I was happy with it. But their floor liners just don't compare with Weathertech's.

Joe
Great find. Always good to find another quality product out there. Seems sometimes we go to the same place over and over instead of searching new places and giving them a chance.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

What a difference!

3) they fit perfectly

Joe
x2 on the weathertech, i have the black ones for my black interior, they're a great fit and good coverage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230a.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	263465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220a.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	263466

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Floor Mats