Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 JKU Floor Mats

Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbolander
x2 on the weathertech, i have the black ones for my black interior, they're a great fit and good coverage.

Attachment 263465Attachment 263466
Agree with the Weathertech. I did about a month of research on just the floormats before I pulled the trigger on Weathertech. The selling point was the fact that they went under the pedals.

As far as which model to order, I have a 2012 JKU. Weathertech model #441051 is the front floor mat set and #441052 is the back row floor mat. The first two digits of the model numbers tell you the color (44 = black, 45 = tan, 46 = gray).

Only a few minor considerations.

1 - The sides of the front seat ones I got warp in towards the center of my JKU. Not sure if it requires a little break in period or if I need to heat them up to "reshape" them, but there is a small gap between the edge towards the door and the mat itself. Hopefully it "lays down" over time.

2 - The material itself is really thin. I did not measure the actual thickness, but they seem much thinner than any of the other brands. It's a solid material though, not a flexible rubber, but more of a stiffer plastic.

3 - Only a 3 year warranty, so hopefully they last, considering how expensive they were.

4 - I realized when putting them in, how much room there is under the seats. After a weekend of mountain biking, a bunch of dirt made it back under the front and rear seats. I don't think any other brand has mats that reach under the seats, so it would be unfair to complain about it, but it was somewhat of a surprise to me. Nothing a vaccum can't fix though.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up buying the Quadratec front and rear liners for my '12 JKU. They fit fairly well. I did notice the hook was slightly off, but not enough to pay twice the price.

I just got the rear cargo liner from quadratec, that I still need to call them about. It doesn't fit left to right (wheel to wheel). There is about 1.5 - 2" of room between the liner and the walls. It fits well from the back of the rear seats to the tail gate though.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Floor Mats