Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Pentastar V6 305hp

Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jay-nyc
the pentastar look good on paper but we will see if it can back it up only time will tell. Personally i would love to see a 5.7 hemi on the wranglers for years to come and buy out to upgrades our jeeps without penaltys
Your Police don't like it they say it's under powdered. Why is it America cannot make great engines now.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jay-nyc
the pentastar look good on paper but we will see if it can back it up only time will tell. Personally i would love to see a 5.7 hemi on the wranglers for years to come and buy out to upgrades our jeeps without penaltys
IMO, one reason you might not ever see a V-8 like the 5.7 sold in a Wrangler is...room under the hood.

On a conversion, the hemi stuffs the engine bay front to back. Leaves no crumple room in a crash, probably would not meet the zillion page rule book the feds have out now. If you hit something solid with the front....the rear of the motor is right up against the firewall....you may have a V-8 in your lap. If they had to further stretch the Wrangler to fit one..it would suck.

The many people saying the Wrangler is fine with the 3.8 on the trail are correct IMO. Proper gearing and 4-lo gives the V-6 all the leverage it needs off road.

But there are many many threads of people wanting more power on the road. Tossing the auto tranny in use now for a 5 or 6 speed would help. Hopefully the new engine will also.

Originally Posted by benny
maybe an RCT-8 JK (Rock crawling technology)? Leave the SRT-8 JK for the pimps.
Hey now I need to have a side occupation to pay for 93 octane!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by asphalt assault
a friend of mine has driven mine "new to me" JK and is amazed at the power difference. both are autos. sometimes there are low powered lemons. maybe there is more JK with a variance of power than we know. do a JK dyno day to find out and report findings will ya
Same gearing and tire size? That also makes a big difference.

Everybody want's big wheels but not all are aware that they are making ther Jeeps slower.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goaterguy

Same gearing and tire size? That also makes a big difference.

Everybody want's big wheels but not all are aware that they are making ther Jeeps slower.
I have 37s with 5.38 gears. Its got a more get up then when it was stock. But as soon as u get to like third gear all that power is gone. It's perfect for four wheelin
Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robo_tn
I have 37s with 5.38 gears. Its got a more get up then when it was stock. But as soon as u get to like third gear all that power is gone. It's perfect for four wheelin
Yes but Asphalt Assault and his friend are comparing "identical" vehicles but just because both are autos doesn't mean they are identical.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
... make an SRT-8 JK but unlike all other SRT-8 packages which are street/strip styled, make the JK an Hard core 3 inch lift 33 inch tires rock eating machine. if they can do it with a grand cherokee come on!
33"?? Nah. More like 6" Long Arm lift with Dana 60's front and back running 40's with 450HP. That would be an SRT-Gr8t. Option twin turbo with push button wheely bar (an no, I don't kid).

I want Jeep to produce an SRT8 Wrangler that makes Chuck Norris need training pants.

Quick Reply: 2012 Pentastar V6 305hp