Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Price Tag - What are you paying?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI you don't have to be ex-military to use USAA's buying program. Anyone can join and use it. It says this right on their site. The insurance is the only thing you have to be ex-military for.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcgizzmo
FYI you don't have to be ex-military to use USAA's buying program. Anyone can join and use it. It says this right on their site. The insurance is the only thing you have to be ex-military for.
I just signed up and priced a 2012 sport with 23S, LSD, and 3.73. Here was the price: Invoice $27,912, MSRP $28,935, USAA $27,702 so Tread Lightly is the better deal.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the USAA price as a starting point. The USAA price for my 2 local dealerships was $400 under invoice, but that varies all over the country. I found the lowest USAA price in the country, which is in Dunn NC, at $1001 under invoice. I took this to my two local dealers and one big one in Atlanta. They bid each other up until i got tired of going back and forth. Ultimately, I got one to tell me that was as low as they would go and the other to beat it. I assume that tomorrow when i tell the "losing" dealership that I am going with another, they will try to go furhter, but I am done. So, I used the USAA price as a starting point, but ultimately got more with a little leg work. Find the lowest price that you are willing to travel to and use that for your starting point. Good luck

Quick Reply: 2012 Price Tag - What are you paying?