Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 "User Guide" instead of manual....but it doesn't fit in the glovebox?!?!?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you guys go the the Jeep website under "OWNERS" and register your name and vehicle on the Jeep website.... using your VINs. It has free PDF manuals dating back to MY 2004.

Right there you'll have your service contracts, recalls and other stuff... download the owners manual, PDF format. You can order stuff and keep tabs on your service history...

I ordered the printed version for my 2010 SRT8 and I rarely look at it ... I use the PDF manual and perform a search and get the info I need faster than reading the entire printed book. For example, search "break in" and you'll find the break in procedure hidden in a small paragraph that's not listed as part of the index... small stuff like that is valuable when you first buy your Jeep.

I also have service and recall records for my 1991 Jeep Cherokee listed right next to my 2010 Cherokee SRT8.

I ordered the printed owner's manual for my 2010. The most it has been used is when I was sitting on the can ... but other than that I would rather search a PDF file using my PC.

Here's the link ....
https://www.jeep.com//hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/

Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 2012 pdf is not yet available WTF?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by goaterguy
the 2012 pdf is not yet available WTF?
The techical publications group is still writing the book.. typical large company syndrome.

That's why they're shipping a worthless user guide with the vehicle.... gets around the consumer laws requiring operator manual availability at the time of sale.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noxian
Nothing new my 2011 has the same prob
x2... I guess I could modify it to fit
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call the number in the guide and get the actual owners manual. If fits in the glove box better and has better information in it.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BrettDez
I personally like to keep the manual in the glovebox...guess I'll have to try to trim it or change my habit...

F'ing chrysler....epic fail on the owner's manual not fitting the glove box....
Let it go. There are far more important things to think about in life. Like is your job secure. Do you have enough insurance. Are friends with ailments going to be ok. Will the economy ever recover. How will you save for retirement or college education in a secure investment.

There are plenty of people who have no job, no jeep or car, and little hope or help.

Does the owners manual seem that important in context?

Enjoy what you have and be thankfull you have it. Then go out and work hard for yourself and family and give help to those who need it.

Sorry for preaching.

Enjoy the jeep!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackwolf
Let it go. There are far more important things to think about in life. Like is your job secure. Do you have enough insurance. Are friends with ailments going to be ok. Will the economy ever recover. How will you save for retirement or college education in a secure investment.

There are plenty of people who have no job, no jeep or car, and little hope or help.

Does the owners manual seem that important in context?

Enjoy what you have and be thankfull you have it. Then go out and work hard for yourself and family and give help to those who need it.

Sorry for preaching.

Enjoy the jeep!
Umm....a little over dramatic don't you think? I am thankful for everything I have, but that doesn't mean I excuse mistakes that are not corrected for the second year of production in a row.

My line of work does not excuse mistakes.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put my 12 stuff in my 08 pouch, seems to fit, or I'm missing the issue

How does the manual stuff fit w/out the pouch for u guys?

Quick Reply: 2012 "User Guide" instead of manual....but it doesn't fit in the glovebox?!?!?