Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylee6
Question:
When buying a new Jeep wrangler can you purchase the lifetime warranty?
Yes I did. According to my dealer only the upgraded parts are not covered. I know there are stories of both sides on this one. Time will tell if I wasted my money.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I posted this in the mod section but thought it was worth repeating
After seeing pics in this thread about a new "pump" on the frame rail, I forwarded the pic to LOD asking if it would be a problem for their bumper. Plan was to pick up the bumper tomorrow and install it myself.

I am very pleased with the communication from LOD and the arrangements to make everything work for me and future 12 owners. I am headed there in the morning so they can look at mine and see what needs to be changed if anything.

SO just a warning if you are planning a bumper swap on your 12 JK, either go with LOD or make sure the manufacturer you choose knows about the changes and their product fits!

Once again this forum saves me time and frustration!!!

I'll post the results once it's installed.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default How do you track your order

I want to start off by thanking everyone on the forum especially Milous... I just ordered a '12 Rubi Unlimited in Dozer and can't find how I track the build so I thought I would ask.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
I posted this in the mod section but thought it was worth repeating
After seeing pics in this thread about a new "pump" on the frame rail, I forwarded the pic to LOD asking if it would be a problem for their bumper. Plan was to pick up the bumper tomorrow and install it myself.

I am very pleased with the communication from LOD and the arrangements to make everything work for me and future 12 owners. I am headed there in the morning so they can look at mine and see what needs to be changed if anything.

SO just a warning if you are planning a bumper swap on your 12 JK, either go with LOD or make sure the manufacturer you choose knows about the changes and their product fits!

Once again this forum saves me time and frustration!!!

I'll post the results once it's installed.
Good luck. I emailed them and got a simple "it'll fit" reply. Not exactly the detail I required to place the order. Maybe after tomorrow they'll get my business.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I need to see the colors also. that dozer photo looks more like orange sherbet
Click image for larger version

Name:	orange+sherbet.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	193472

but then I dont want crush to look like I work with these guys:
Click image for larger version

Name:	asplundh.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	193473
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boilermaker52
Good luck. I emailed them and got a simple "it'll fit" reply. Not exactly the detail I required to place the order. Maybe after tomorrow they'll get my business.
I'm working with Expedition One right now to get a bumper I had them custom fab to fit. Right now the plan is to remove the bracket holding the pump and slide it down the rail its attached to and re-attach it. I think instead of welding it back on, that I will bolt it back on. That way if it needs to be moved again it's less of a hassle. I will post pics later.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepn58
For many of us that have taken delivery of our 2012 Rubicons... Look to see if ALL your skid plates are there.. I was missing my transmission skid, but my dealer has since ordered one for me.. Take a look people. Make sure you have all you have payed for....
Anyone who has a new Rubi and knows all the skid plates are in place, could you please post a few pics so we know exactly what is supposed to be there? Not sure exactly what may be missing since this is my first Rubi.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hogie

So I FINALLY got a VIN number from my dealer, who tells me that my Rubicon is set to be shipped on August 12th. However, when I go to track it in insight, it says "it can't find that VIN". Wouldn't I have to be in D1 status, and thus be able to see it in insight, if the car is supposedly being shipped in 3 days?

I cut and pasted the VIN directly from his e-mail. Do I put the whole VIN # in or just the last eight characters? Maybe I am attempting to get into insight incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Same here. Really would like to get it going
Old 08-10-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up dozer pic

Wow - I love that new dozer pic!!

I think I want that now. I was leaning towards winter chill.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by u2ecila
Wow - I love that new dozer pic!!

I think I want that now. I was leaning towards winter chill.
This is a Dozer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4118831410.png
Views:	78
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	193549  

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread