Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by epleeds
Can anyone tell me how much under sticker are they paying on average in the Northern Virginia Area. I am not sure if I want the 12 over the 11 but it seems like buying new only costs a few thousand more, and you get the full warranty with the piece of mind that the previous owner didn't tear it up prior to putting it up for sale.

thanks
$3k to $4k below sticker - try speaking with the Internet sales manager and get an Affiliate Reward Code by signing up for 3 years of Tread Lightly. Before I bought my '12 I also had a dealer try to convince me they were selling for $2K above sticker - be careful who you deal with.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconJim
2012 Wrangler Unlimited site is up: http://www.jeep.com/en/2012/wrangler_unlimited/
Anyone find a crush orange jeep on the site yet? I see the one in the corner but I think it's mango tango.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

I received on offer from a local dealer willing to do $33,681 plus Tax, Title and Licensing on the following jeep.

http://www .Jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4BJWEG0CL101119

Is this a good deal? This was there affiliate price.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Hi all, just ordered my first new Jeep today! Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. However, I had a strange experience ordering that the dealer is still trying to figure out. I'm ordering from Canada, and wanted the body colour hard top. However, the ordering system here won't let you order the body colour top with the duel top group. I can order the duel top group, or I can order a body colour hard top, but not both. For some reason the order system is saying you can't get a soft top to go with your hard top if you get the body colour top. I know guys have ordered both (and the Jeep US 2012 build your own system on the website says you can), but for some reason they won't let us do it here right now. Also, Milous has the body colour top msrp and invoice price option priced listed for the duel top on the first post - so i'm pretty sure Jeep isn't saying body colour rubicon owners aren't allowed to order a factory soft top. The dealer is telling me I have to order it from their parts department (for the cost of my first born most likely). Anybody else have this issue? Is this true or is this some crazy order system mess up?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
cmg
JK Newbie

Some more pricing info. Ordered this on Friday. I have an affiliate number from work so I did not need to sign up for tread lightly

Rubicon JKU With:
Heated Seats
Black 3 Piece Hard Top
Engine Heater
Tow Package
430N Media Center
AC Auto Temp
Connectivity Group

MSRP was $37,285
Invoice $34,994 (Calculated from first page)
Paid $33,394 (About $250 more than the Employee Price price that was on the page)
Forgot to look a the affiliate price but is was over $34K

Doc fee was a little on the high side at my dealer but it was still worth it, and I was not trading a vehicle.

Hope this helps anyone looking to squeeze the best deal that they can out of their dealer.

Last edited by cmg; 09-03-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joshmkane
Hi all, just ordered my first new Jeep today! Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. However, I had a strange experience ordering that the dealer is still trying to figure out. I'm ordering from Canada, and wanted the body colour hard top. However, the ordering system here won't let you order the body colour top with the duel top group. I can order the duel top group, or I can order a body colour hard top, but not both. For some reason the order system is saying you can't get a soft top to go with your hard top if you get the body colour top. I know guys have ordered both (and the Jeep US 2012 build your own system on the website says you can), but for some reason they won't let us do it here right now. Also, Milous has the body colour top msrp and invoice price option priced listed for the duel top on the first post - so i'm pretty sure Jeep isn't saying body colour rubicon owners aren't allowed to order a factory soft top. The dealer is telling me I have to order it from their parts department (for the cost of my first born most likely). Anybody else have this issue? Is this true or is this some crazy order system mess up?
ya that is strange. I know I was at a dealer yesterday and saw a red rubi unlimited with dual top body color.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine in Canada with dual top group and body matched hard top
Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm ordering a 2012 jku rubi....just can't figure out a color?!? I'll be pulling my xd cranks off my 2010 black rubi, so I want the blacks wheels to look good. Maybe the white? Should I get the body colored hard top and fenders? Will that be too much white then? There's almost too many options now!?!?

Any suggestions would be a big help!!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much white IMHO. I'd at least get it with a black top to tie into the black wheels.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jsboening
Too much white IMHO. I'd at least get it with a black top to tie into the black wheels.
I think I agree, but I only have the hard top on for about 6 months. I originally was thinking the white top would make it look completely different in the winter, but I'm afraid I'll look like a Jersey Shore castoff. Would you still do the white fenders?

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread