Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettDez
Completely theory only, but I think what may have happened is when the 2012s first became available to order, they had the dealer orders and a certain number of customer orders. However, after a month or so the news on the 2012 spread and the customer orders(and dealers too maybe) skyrocketed as everyone started placing orders

That is just a theory with no actual facts to back it up.
My theory ads on to yours. Dealers having stock of vehicles that a ugly and no one wants. ie body color top and flairs, dark saddle leather, and out trans. So everyone has to do a custom order.

If i wanted leather i would get a Lexus. If i wanted an auto trans i would be a soccer mom.

I went to a Jeep dealer and i am a dude. I just want a silver unlimited rubi 6 speed w/ 730n.
Checking on the status of my order tomorrow to see if mine made it in.

End rant time
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was under the impression that now dealerships are making their orders for the end of the year with the expectation that most if not all of the 2011s will be off their lots... out with the old, in with the new you might say. I should get mine next wednesday, so I'm not too worried... as long as they stay with their schedule anyways...
Old 09-19-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swiber
I went to a Jeep dealer and i am a dude. I just want a silver unlimited rubi 6 speed w/ 730n.
Checking on the status of my order tomorrow to see if mine made it in.

End rant time
LOL! That's the same for me. When I told them I wanted a Manual Rubicon with pretty much no options they were surprised. I don't need all the fancy electronics and leather. I tried to do a locate deal with them and they said they could not find any near them because dealers generally only order rubicons fully loaded out with leather and everything. We managed to find one a little ways away but the other dealership refused to give it up.

So I ended up just ordering mine, base rubicon with dual top group. It arrives tomorrow supposeduly. Can't wait!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Every dealer web site i looked at (i think about 100 sites) has the same thing for Rubicons all leather with painted tops.

I think this may bight them in the @ss. Time will tell if they of most of them still sitting on the lots in a couple months.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swiber
Every dealer web site i looked at (i think about 100 sites) has the same thing for Rubicons all leather with painted tops.

I think this may bight them in the @ss. Time will tell if they of most of them still sitting on the lots in a couple months.
I bet it doesn't. Alot of people are looking to replace their Hummers for a status symbol. Well, a decked out Rubicon just might be their new "soccer mom hummer." Sickens me...

I know it's sad, but remember we enthusiasts are the minority!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Guys and Gals searching for a stripper Rubi, don't fret.

After a 5 state search at multiple dealers (including super stores), I found my 2012 2 door 6 speed stripper Rubi at the Jeep dealer next to my work! If came in off the truck and actually showed still "in transit" for Jeep's website when it was sitting in our garage.

The only options are trailer tow and U-Connect. It even has Roll Up windows! No complaints, out the door for $29K. But, I looked at a metric assload of 40K Rubi's including some white with white top and fenders! On a Rubi, wtf is Vanilla Ice making a comeback??
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Hey Guys and Gals searching for a stripper Rubi, don't fret.

After a 5 state search at multiple dealers (including super stores), I found my 2012 2 door 6 speed stripper Rubi at the Jeep dealer next to my work! If came in off the truck and actually showed still "in transit" for Jeep's website when it was sitting in our garage.

The only options are trailer tow and U-Connect. It even has Roll Up windows! No complaints, out the door for $29K. But, I looked at a metric assload of 40K Rubi's including some white with white top and fenders! On a Rubi, wtf is Vanilla Ice making a comeback??
Roll up windows?!?!? 2012 Rubis come with power windows standard....it's not an option anymore..... Are you sure about the manual handcrank windows?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked and you are right. Power windows and doors are standard on the Rubi Unlimited, not standard on the 2-Drs.

Last edited by BrettDez; 09-19-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-19-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Checked with my dealer today and he shows a ship date of 9/27 for my Rubicon with no delay, I hope he is right.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

went to the dealer today. He showed me on the computer that all jeep wranglers and even unlimiteds are restricted right now. He said it is most likely due to the volume of orders they are receiving. He guesses it will be that way for 1-2 weeks. Still thinks I can get my jeep by Mid December!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez
Roll up windows?!?!? 2012 Rubis come with power windows standard....it's not an option anymore..... Are you sure about the manual handcrank windows?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked and you are right. Power windows and doors are standard on the Rubi Unlimited, not standard on the 2-Drs.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread