Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler leaves factory with wrong parts, zero quality control folks, zero

Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Wrangler leaves factory with wrong parts, zero quality control folks, zero

http://jalopnik.com/5836640/how-did-...he-wrong-parts

This worries me. There is no excuse for this other than a complete lack of quality control and slack employees not paying any attention. The parts installed were not even for a 2012. They were for a 2011!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

The owner doesn't have much room to criticize, when he didn't see it at the dealer when he did his walk-around.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

lol how did the dude not notice that, i mean come on thats one of the first things u see
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
lol how did the dude not notice that, i mean come on thats one of the first things u see
Owner said he bought it last weekend during all that Irene messy weather and did not get to see it in the sun till just a couple days ago. When the flares are brand new, they shine like the painted version. I could see how that could happen. Hard to blame the owner when the dealer or the factory should have caught it. More interesting is the fact that they used 2011 flares which do not even really line up on the 2012 body. What a mess. Maybe it was in a wreck on the car hauler?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Petris
Owner said he bought it last weekend during all that Irene messy weather and did not get to see it in the sun till just a couple days ago. When the flares are brand new, they shine like the painted version. I could see how that could happen. Hard to blame the owner when the dealer or the factory should have caught it. More interesting is the fact that they used 2011 flares which do not even really line up on the 2012 body. What a mess. Maybe it was in a wreck on the car hauler?
well either way the person who bought it and the manufacturer need glasses
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Care to explain? The 2012 body is the same as 2011 so this is hogwash.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
well either way the person who bought it and the manufacturer need glasses
I guess. I remember when I bought a TJ brand new at the dealer. It was winter and the days were short. Bought it on a weekday evening, in the dark. Sure the lot and service bay was well lit but I did not do a super duper walk around. Turns out some of the lug nut caps(the decorative ones) were missing and the straps to hold down the soft top were not there. No big deal but I was so excited to get the Wrangler off the lot nothing was going to stop me.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by renzo1200
Care to explain? The 2012 body is the same as 2011 so this is hogwash.
The story says that the clip mounts between the models are different and use different mounting hardware. It also says the non-Sahara flares are 2011 vintage.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

The story says that the clip mounts between the models are different and use different mounting hardware. It also says the non-Sahara flares are 2011 vintage.
Thanks, I didn't see anything in the article about the clip mounts...which begs the question, how the heck are the non painted flares on the body to begin with?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Texas44k
Hahahaha I wonder who got fired?
That's the beauty of it.....no one

(just guessing but uaw will protect the worker from any repercussions)

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler leaves factory with wrong parts, zero quality control folks, zero