Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2018 spy shots

Old 05-30-2016, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default guts...

Originally Posted by xxlt73
Doesn't look much different

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
My un-informed non-insider two cents based on reliable media and FCA comments.

Most of the changes are guts like powertrain, engine, etc... a slight slope to the windshield, grill, and interior mods. The elongated front of this mule is probably because they are still using a current JK front end on a longer frame... remember JL will host a pickup truck version so the 4 door wrangler may be a little longer body.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by barnettd

Most of the changes are guts like powertrain, engine, etc... a slight slope to the windshield, grill, and interior mods. The elongated front of this mule is probably because they are still using a current JK front end on a longer frame... remember JL will host a pickup truck version so the 4 door wrangler may be a little longer body.
There's been a lot of talk about the removable top not being totally removable. More like removable panels. No more soundbar. Can't remember where I read that.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barnettd

The fact that they're going to build JK's and JL's together in the same plant for a short while lends credence to this. I wouldn't be surprised if things like door handles, mirrors, rear lights, etc... remain unchanged for the JL.

Quick Reply: 2018 spy shots