Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3 Child Seats in a JKUR?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Child Seats in a JKUR?

I started a thread a while back asking the following question:
can one get 3 child seats into the back seat?

The thread was somewhat helpful, until it spiraled into the pit of despair from off-topic comments.

My goal here is to find out who has real life experience with 3 child seats in the unlimited. In order to keep the Jeep, I need to accommodate the following kids in car seats:
5 year old in a booster
4 year old in a high-back booster
infant carrier system

New questions for individuals with 3 kids in the back of a JKU:
which seats are you using?
who sit where?
are you using seat belt extenders?

Thanks in advance for info. I'm trying to find a way to keep this thing...

Jeff
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

I'm almost positive I had that setup. I know for a fact you can get 3 booster seats with the backs on them, I just can't remember if I had the baby thing at the same time. Pretty sure I did though. Sorry for the not so great answer.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Infant carrier in the middle by the way. That way you never have to unhook it, just lock the kid in. Booster sears on the sides, this way if you have to slide them wide to buckle in it gives you room. Keep the jeep, you should be safe
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive moved on to three booster seats now, but ive had a carrier in the middle and two car seats on either side. Look at the radian series of car seats, they are are a little more pricey, but they are steel framed (think better safety) and they are narrower than the standard carseats so they fit very well. I have even used this configuration in the backseat of bmws that have less room than the jeep does. Also the radians can be purchased in a model that goes up to like 85 lb in weight capacity so you can use them for a long time.

Definitely look around for narrower carriers though, just makes them easier to get in and out, some of the more flashy ones tend to be really bulky.

Quick Reply: 3 Child Seats in a JKUR?