Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty terms

Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty terms

Just picked up my '11 JKU this past Tuesday. It came with the standard 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I was wondering, what are the terms for this warranty to be kept intact? I asked the dealer if there was a maintenance schedule that had to be kept (ie, oil must be changed every 4k miles, etc) or anything like that, and he said that there wasn't any terms like that that he was aware of. I just want to be sure that I don't void my warranty over something stupid like not getting the oil changed at the right intervals, etc.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Owners Manual is available in a paper version free,as you are the first owner. I highly recomend it, as it's much more detailed than the "Users Guide" that comes with the Jeep. It gives Maintenance Intervals (oil change, etc) and tons of info that will answer questions and make your Jeep Life easier. Wanna turn off seatbelt chime? It's there. ESP, ABS, the whole "alphabet soup" is there... Enjoy!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
The Owners Manual is available in a paper version free,as you are the first owner. I highly recomend it, as it's much more detailed than the "Users Guide" that comes with the Jeep. It gives Maintenance Intervals (oil change, etc) and tons of info that will answer questions and make your Jeep Life easier. Wanna turn off seatbelt chime? It's there. ESP, ABS, the whole "alphabet soup" is there... Enjoy!
Sounds great. How do I go about getting this? Or is it on the DVD disc that came with the Jeep?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

The dvd disc is junk. I can't stand trying to use that thing.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your selling dealer can get it, or call Chrysler direct 1-800-992-1997. It's free, have your vin # handy. That phone # is for questions/issues too...Enjoy the new JK!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cunnart
The dvd disc is junk. I can't stand trying to use that thing.
Agreed! It is complete garbage!

Originally Posted by Four Low
Your selling dealer can get it, or call Chrysler direct 1-800-992-1997. It's free, have your vin # handy. That phone # is for questions/issues too...Enjoy the new JK!
Gotcha. Thanks. I also downloaded a PDF version of it to my laptop and to my phone so that I have it with me at all times. Found it here:
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

Quick Reply: 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty terms