Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4 door bikini

Old 05-03-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 door bikini

I have completely removed my hard top now. Its awesome. I have been using the two freedom panels for occassional coverage of the front seats. However, my daughter, who is 2, is strapped to the back seat. She doesn't complain so much in the rain (cuz she gets to use her Tinkerbell umbrella), but the Texas sun can be brutal.

Is there a bikini-type top that only covers the back seats?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

This is the only one I am aware of, it does come in many colors and styles though....

Old 05-03-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I think you pretty much have to do the whole enchilada when it comes to the bikini top. If you are mostly worried about sun and not about making it sealed and water resistant, you could probably do the besttop bikini and tie down the sides rather than forking out the bucks for the door surrounds.

I got lucky... my jeep came with dual tops and I worked the bikini top into the deal.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the bikini to for the 4 dorr, as well as a 2 yr old..I have the door surrounds, but you can run the bikini top w/o the door surrounds..my daughter likes it and no wind....
Old 05-04-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

For shade I run the Safari top from Bestop. You only need the header and the top to install it. You will not get a seal at the doors but it does shade the front and rear seats. You can get the mesh which is just for shade if you want but for the money I like the canvas one because it also sheds some rain. I can say though with it and the doors on there is a wind tunnel effect that brings wind in through the back (or at least I see my girls hair whipping around in the rearview). I usually run w/o doors though so that is not a problem for us.

Quick Reply: 4 door bikini