Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4dr rollbar question

Old 04-17-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4dr rollbar question

Anybody here have all the padding off their 4dr rollbar? Does the rear most crossmember come off?? It looks like in the breakdowns that its just a connector that is bolted in. Can this be removed to load larger things in the cargo area,, you know like a truck??
Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think their is another post somewhere. i know someone took all there padding off. if you search around im sure you will find it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Sounds a little risky to me. With my luck (And this is probably only with my luck...) I'd unbolt it... and the entire cage would bend out of shape so I couldn't re-install it.

Then again, I have pretty bad luck at times
Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why?????????
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
Why?????????
Originally Posted by Cruiser
to load larger things in the cargo area,, you know like a truck??

That being said, I don't know.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

I ran some searches but came up with mostly 2dr roll bar pics..
Just thought somebody might have tried this.. would be nice to know if it can be removed to say move a dishwasher or something.. The 2dr doesnt have any crossmember except the one for near the headrests and the jk8 has the 2dr style rollbar.. In the parts breakdown it looks like the farback peice is just a small crossbar to hold? maybe help secure the bar over the rear passengers?
Steve
Old 04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cruiser
I ran some searches but came up with mostly 2dr roll bar pics..
Just thought somebody might have tried this.. would be nice to know if it can be removed to say move a dishwasher or something.. The 2dr doesnt have any crossmember except the one for near the headrests and the jk8 has the 2dr style rollbar.. In the parts breakdown it looks like the farback peice is just a small crossbar to hold? maybe help secure the bar over the rear passengers?
Steve
Would a dishwasher fit width-wise in the back of a JK? I'm trying to think right now, but it seems pretty tight.

Perhaps a safer option is to borrow or rent a trailer (If Uhaul will let you rent one).
Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

I think yes as my dog cage goes in sideways,, and that is wider than the dishwasher box.. Actually,, the dishwasher fit my tj so yes but it would be too tall for the 4dr with the rear bar in.. so thats why I'm asking if anybody who has one knows if it can come out? The dealers are no help.. The stuff the salesman was saying should have been put in that thread,, but I couldn't remember all of it.. Kept referring to "those jeep nuts" in a derogatory way,, Then my wife pointed out that I was "one of those jeep nuts" and after our collision,, she wants a 4dr Jeep so that would make her one too.. After leaving there she referred to that salesman as "what a douche"..

Quick Reply: 4dr rollbar question