Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are 4drs the new standard for Jeep?

Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are 4drs the new standard for Jeep?

Just doing my weekend ritual of looking for Jeep parts. I see almost every manufacture is running 4drs. The only company that I can find right now that sells a stretch kit for the JK is Rock Krawler. Seems that most have given up on the 2dr. Bigger and better things with the 4dr? No extreme more 2dr JK's like the TJ's?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

In Quebec, more than 75% of JK's are Unlimited.
Building a 4 door Jeep was risky. I think that all of us are surprised of this succes.
A 2 door Rubicon will be better off-road, but I'm personnaly happy to have the Unlimited

I think that the Jeepers prefer the Unlimited, just because it's bigger. (but I'm maybe wrong...)

Last edited by Frog Rubicon; 09-27-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

I understand why people prefer the Unlimited, hell even I like em and might make the move.

I'm not trying to get this thread started into a 2dr vs. 4dr. Just curious to what happend to the 2dr love?

As far as looks....
Stock-2dr
Mod-4dr

Chopped, diced, sliced and stretched-2dr looks way better then any 4dr IMO. But not really that practical. Practicallity shamacticality....who cares! TJ owners don't!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

4drs have more room

more space for aftermarket companies to add mods.

dont forget that you can carry 3 adults instead of 1 and a dog in the back.

I do believe that the 2 door can be better than a 4dr if you stretch it .

I had a 2door and loved it. I just had problems taking my friends and gear with me
Old 09-27-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by PONCH
I understand why people prefer the Unlimited, hell even I like em and might make the move.

I'm not trying to get this thread started into a 2dr vs. 4dr. Just curious to what happend to the 2dr love?

As far as looks....
Stock-2dr
Mod-4dr

Chopped, diced, sliced and stretched-2dr looks way better then any 4dr IMO. But not really that practical. Practicallity shamacticality....who cares! TJ owners don't!
I agree. To me, the 2dr will always be the "quintessential" Jeep. I too understand why people would want the 4dr. but only as a matter of need ie, a large family. But just to have one "because".....I don't understand. If it was up to me my JK would be smaller yet...!!! Guess that's why I still have my old CJ......ha!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I agree. To me, the 2dr will always be the "quintessential" Jeep. I too understand why people would want the 4dr. but only as a matter of need ie, a large family. But just to have one "because".....I don't understand. If it was up to me my JK would be smaller yet...!!! Guess that's why I still have my old CJ......ha!!!
Smaller your crazy...
Old 09-27-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

l luv my 2dr and my friends are able to get in easy since we arent old like some ppl, jk...but a 4dr is a grown up verison of the jk to me, its for the guys with families which is great so rock it out!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I about cried when my YJ went down the road after 200K, it still looked NEW. But 9 months after pulling the trigger on the JK Unlimited the SMILE still has not left my face.....
Old 09-27-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the 2 doors, but it is kinda like what happened to pickup trucks. People need more room. I have taken mine to the beach 3 times since I got it last year. The 4 door works great for road trips.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 2dr,, and I like the extra room over the tj but on the trails I find the size to get in the way a little,, the 4dr is even bigger.. If your not offroading the 4dr is where its at.. The 2dr is better for tight trails,, not everybody lives out west.. Hell I'm even thinking about picking up a cj3a for a trail buggy..

Quick Reply: Are 4drs the new standard for Jeep?