Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4wheelparts is way off

Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't the first mention of this particular place giving the customer a ridiculous quote for the same service. I didn't pay $100 to have mine swapped.

I dunno what the problem is...TPMS isn't new and it's easily swappable.

As for the Wal-Mart and Sams...forget them. Support your local shops before you hit the chains. You'll get the best service with the least hassle.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

actually riverzendz sometimes it can be. the jk has a nice little pod on the end of the valve stem. some fords and chevys had a regular valve and have a pod on a band that is wrapped around the drop center of the wheel. you can t tell it has tpms untill you hear the sensor crack when you break the beads! and are pretty pricey cause you can only get them from the dealers! always something to make money ain t it!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
actually riverzendz sometimes it can be. the jk has a nice little pod on the end of the valve stem. some fords and chevys had a regular valve and have a pod on a band that is wrapped around the drop center of the wheel. you can t tell it has tpms untill you hear the sensor crack when you break the beads! and are pretty pricey cause you can only get them from the dealers! always something to make money ain t it!
That's too bad for Ford and Chevy then. It isn't the case with the JK and therefore the price that is being charged for this service is WAY out of line. Definitely always looking for ways to get the green!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

go to discount tire. they did my 22in lexani's on my esclade and put the sensors on for nothing, and they did it on my 08 JK too.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just so that i have the right idea... this TPSM is nothing more than a magnetic thing that acts like a valve cover on each tire... if this is true... what the hell is the problem with moving it over to the new tire? or better yet, just take them off, go there, have them swap the tires, and when you get home, put them back on. or is there something they have to do to the computer?? just confused about all the fuss around this.

Quick Reply: 4wheelparts is way off