Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4x4 advantage & locking diff

Old 06-21-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
The reports speak for themselves. I agree with you, though. My experience was different. Granted, I only had my Colorado for about 30,000 miles and bought it new. It had the 3.7 5-cylinder. The 3.5 5-cylinder had a myriad of head issues in the early years, rivaling that of the Pentastar issues. No issues with mine to report in terms of reliability, but I experienced several annoying build quality issues.

Apparently Chevy runs deep around here. Lots of stories to swap about Camaros, and Colorados. SPCmario, did you go to high school in the area?
Like a Rock!! My Colorado used to sink to the bottom of mud holes. But I loved that Truck. I'll take that truck over a Taco or a Frontier any day. Yes the build quality is not the best but its a chevy so you know it will last.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did go to highschool for 2yrs in the area, this jeep is the first non chevy I've owned, but if Chevy built a truck with a solid fron axle and lockers and a stick shift I would buy it. I love the jeep tho its a fun car, I almost ended up buying a 2012 v8 Colorado instead of my rubicon but they don't come in stick and I don't like driving autos. I'm selling the Camaro too to buy parts for the jeep as soon as I get back to Seattle. I actually just got out the Army today got to drive back from Louisiana

Last edited by SPCmario; 06-21-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well,
After carefully reading everyone's posts - and comparing the PROS and CONS of keeping my aging Colorado or purchasing a new JK...I bought a brand new Commando Green JKU sport!

It is going to be tough to say goodbye to the Colorado - its a great little pickup. But as mentioned before, several build quality issues, from power window issues to break plastics to squeaks and rattles and rust...It was time to trade it to at least make some type of profit. End up getting $11200 for the Colorado (they'll put it up at auction), nearly cut the price of the Wrangler in half!

Picking it up today - can't wait to be in a Jeep again. Thanks for all of the advice folks, I do appreciate it - especially since I'm sure you see tons of "should I buy a JK" threads.

I'll include pictures later today!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TMO84
Well,
After carefully reading everyone's posts - and comparing the PROS and CONS of keeping my aging Colorado or purchasing a new JK...I bought a brand new Commando Green JKU sport!

It is going to be tough to say goodbye to the Colorado - its a great little pickup. But as mentioned before, several build quality issues, from power window issues to break plastics to squeaks and rattles and rust...It was time to trade it to at least make some type of profit. End up getting $11200 for the Colorado (they'll put it up at auction), nearly cut the price of the Wrangler in half!

Picking it up today - can't wait to be in a Jeep again. Thanks for all of the advice folks, I do appreciate it - especially since I'm sure you see tons of "should I buy a JK" threads.

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Jeep family.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Congrats ! i've had my jkr for a couple months and i love it !
and i'm sure you'll love yours!

Good color too !
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TMO84
Well,

Welcome,
Just made my third payment on my jk sport,
Like you I tried to justify this purchase to my wife. She was grumpy the whole way thru, "why a two door? Why a jeep?". Last weekend she brought home a 33k town and country, all I asked her was "how do you like that motor?" She didn't even know what I was talking about. Later in the day I was waxing the jeep in the drive way as she was vacuuming out the van, "bet u wish u could take the tops of that baby huh honey?" She smiled and said "bet u wish u could pull 3600 pounds with that baby huh darling?" Seems she's been doing her home work...

Quick Reply: 4x4 advantage & locking diff