Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

6 weeks in and nothing on my JK order

Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 6 weeks in and nothing on my JK order

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have some questions I am hoping someone might be able to assist me with. I ordered my JK Sahara Unlimited on 1/26 and no progress has been made on the order. I have noticed that some people ordered there JK the same time I did and they already have it. The first time I checked on the status which was 2 weeks after the order was placed, it was in BX status. Then I checked 4 weeks in and it went to BG status which from my understanding is a downgraded status from BX . I checked today (6 weeks in) and it is back to BX status. Is this normal? I was told by DC to call my dealer to find out what is going on. So I call them and they tell me they will check on it and I never hear from them again. Is terrible customer service normal with DC and it affiliated dealers? It may be I am just getting impatient, but I feel like nothing is happening. I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, welcome to the forum! And welcome to the wait

About your order...you might want to check out this thread. It is +100 pages but it will pretty much fill you in on the details of what you might be able to expect. For me, the wait was 6 months, but I think that was extreme. It is not uncommon for an order to swing back and forth from BG to BX to BG. A lot of it depends on what you ordered...sometimes there is a hardtop shortage, etc.

In the end, it is well worth the wait!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Hang in there, you're not experiencing anything new. I think they are building 600 jeeps a day, so good news is once they get to yours, it goes fast. I just went form nothing to shipped without even knowing.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I did go through and see how long so many have waited and are still waiting. Hopefully things start moving forward soon. I love the forum and will keep posting on my progress.

Thanks again!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Well, I ordered mine a month before you ( Dec. 26th) and still waiting. I ordered a Rubi. with the duel tops, totally loaded minus the smokers group and MyGig. I am going to call tomorrow and see where I am. I am getting restless.

Can't wait but have too.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Well, I called to check on my order and my sales person no longer works there

Nobody called me to let me know my order is being taken care of by another person, and when I called, they knew nothing of my order. I hope they get it all figured out tomorrow or else I am going to a new dealer and just buy one off the lot as close to what I wanted as I can get. Either that or buy a used TJ Rubi and be done with it.:sad:
I bet they figure it out but it still irritates me to no end. I have been waiting 2.5 months and NOTHING....
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default still waiting

I orderd mine Jan 30th and it never moved from bg untill i cancelled Mygig and it went to bx within days, so it is showing progress now.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default In Fact

I Decided to call my Dealer after posting and I am now in D status, so...REALLY moving along now!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Uggg I ordered the same thing you did and a month before. Still not in D.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gasser
Well, I called to check on my order and my sales person no longer works there

Nobody called me to let me know my order is being taken care of by another person, and when I called, they knew nothing of my order. I hope they get it all figured out tomorrow or else I am going to a new dealer and just buy one off the lot as close to what I wanted as I can get. Either that or buy a used TJ Rubi and be done with it.:sad:
I bet they figure it out but it still irritates me to no end. I have been waiting 2.5 months and NOTHING....
Man That sucks! I would also be upset. Im already aggitated as it is, if something like that happened, it would probably push me over the edge. You know you can call DC directly to find the status #(800-992-1997). If you have a VON # or a reference # foe your order they can check on it for you. You will need to get those numbers from the dealer though.

Good luck to ya!

Quick Reply: 6 weeks in and nothing on my JK order