Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

6k service

Old 10-12-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6k service

So I just got my 6k service done and well i'm never letting the dealer do anything at all until i'm back in the states. They charged me 214 euro or 296 USD to do an oil change and for whatever reason they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. Now I know usually there is that language barrier there but this maint. rep. spoke perfect english and even used to work on base when they had a full auto shop. Spoke with tons of Chrysler people and they all told me that there is nothing they can or will do and that even though I have a maintenance contract I can not use it at all in Europe even though i spoke with the sales rep before buying the jeep several times and he said it would be valid here. Also i'm sure its not a big deal at all but I guess even though it says what oil to use in like several thousand places they put 5-30 in and not 5-20. I pretty much wanna stab Chrysler in the face and i'm not real friendly with Italians after today because of this or rather just not happy with them.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Wow..sorry to hear that. coulda bought a lift.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobius1
So I just got my 6k service done and well i'm never letting the dealer do anything at all until i'm back in the states. ...
Getting back to the states is no panacea. You need to do such routine service yourself if you want the best value (and more mod money!).
Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$296 for an oil change, dude you got skull F'd.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well at least back in the states i'm less likely to be charged 296 dollars. I doubt I would take it to the dealer back home in Michigan unless I broke something that is under warranty. So yeah guess when i drive to Germany thursday i'll make sure to come back with a case of oil for the jeep so I can do my own changes. Probably be easier to find the oil I want up there rather than here.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Well at least back in the states i'm less likely to be charged 296 dollars. ...
Probably. But, before you get too hasty, read some of the threads about what dealer's/oil quick-change places want to charge to change the diffy fluid (an easier task than changing the engine oil), or to perform the 60K maintenance. You'll be better off doing your own work, if at all possible.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I just got my 6k service done and well i'm never letting the dealer do anything at all until i'm back in the states. They charged me 214 euro or 296 USD to do an oil change and for whatever reason they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. Now I know usually there is that language barrier there but this maint. rep. spoke perfect english and even used to work on base when they had a full auto shop. Spoke with tons of Chrysler people and they all told me that there is nothing they can or will do and that even though I have a maintenance contract I can not use it at all in Europe even though i spoke with the sales rep before buying the jeep several times and he said it would be valid here. Also i'm sure its not a big deal at all but I guess even though it says what oil to use in like several thousand places they put 5-30 in and not 5-20. I pretty much wanna stab Chrysler in the face and i'm not real friendly with Italians after today because of this or rather just not happy with them.
Yea, I don't think they like Americans or any other foreigners for that matter.

Quick Reply: 6k service