Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

About to buy Jeep tonight.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfbcomp
Ok I think i'm going to go sign paperwork. Is the MyGig worth it...they have one with that as well. Is it work the extra 1300?
I like mygig. some people dont . I wouldn't pay the dealer for it though. I found one on ebay new in the box for 250. after the cost of the gps antenna and the mygig plus shipping, I spent 291 on it. that is uncommon, but people buy them all the time for 4-500 and they are plug and play.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I think i'm going to go sign paperwork. Is the MyGig worth it...they have one with that as well. Is it work the extra 1300?
Some people would say it's totally worth it, but for $1300 I think it's kind of a ripoff. I would rather save a bunch of money and get a portable GPS and an iPod, both of which can be used inside or outside of the Jeep. I also wouldn't ever run a soft top if I had a MyGIG--I would always worry about it getting stolen.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

1300? no

i got mine for 350 on ebay
it si WORTH BUYING though 100%
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by hig4s
BigblueJK has a whole thread about how his soft top leaks, soaks his seats all the time, and they had not been able to fix it. Not sure if that is his only issue or not. I have an 08 soft top JK that does not leak, I live in Florida, I park outside, regularly it just pours here and I have never went out and had my seats wet from rain.
actually I have a whole website devoted to it now. lol. jeep corp. tells me to resolve the issues with my dealer, and I have been to two dealers many times that have both told me they cannot stop it from leaking. or fix the clunking steering. they replaced the intermedate shaft and the next day it clunks again. the esp bas lights come on at random, and stay on for a while, then go off just as mysteriously. the dealer can't "duplicate it", so they do nothing. the AC was a pound low on freon when I got it too.

the top leak is more than a dribble. my interior gets soaked. includng me and it makes my pants look like I pissed in them. the dealer told me all the freedom tops leak too where the t_top pieces come together. my friend has an 08 4door hard top with 2000 miles on it that leaks like crazy and has water inside the top now. btw. my wrangler only has 14k miles on it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Negotiate that Mygig down and buy it! You will love it! Remember there are always going to be problematic Jeeps, I have an 07 and an 08 and both of them have been great!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Well it doesn't rain here in SoCal so that shouldn't be a problem

I will get it without the MyGig and buy afterwords thanks for all of the imput. I'm off to buy my first wrangler...actually it will be my wife's m-f and the weekends i can call her mine.

$31,467 out the door I feel like i'm getting a GREAT deal.

wish me luck.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi

I am not trying to talk you out of it. I think that is a good price too. I just wanted you to know what I wish I knew before I bought it.

every company has problem vehicles. mine is under waranty, and the 2 different dealers have told me they cannot fix it. I tried to talk to jeep corporate who tells me to go back to the dealership. I hope you don't get a problem jeep because jeep corporate will not help you in any way, and will not stand behind their product. I just want people to know what happens when it is bad. most people have great jeeps, just not me.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Are you ordering it or buying it off the dealer lot?

In either case I would NEVER pay for the tow package on a Rubicon. Your paying WAY too much. On other models you get a better gear ratio. On the Rubicon you get a $25 wiring harness and a $60 receiver. However it's the same price for the tow package on a Rubicon, Sahara, or X.

Also I think remote start comes with the Auto if you get the power convenience group, don't let them charge you extra.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Power Convenience Group
Frt Seat-Mouned Side Air Bags
Automatic Trans
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Freedom Top
Remote Start
Tow Package
No soft top?

The MyGig is OK. I thought it would be awesome but now that I have it I could have done without it. It's nice but I don't think it's worth the money.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Good luck with the purchase!

Quick Reply: About to buy Jeep tonight.