Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

About Buying Chinese Goods for Your Jeep

Old 04-11-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1

Could be a good place. I mean if all the bankers and their minions are building bug-out compounds over there, maybe you can knock on their bomb shelter door and see if they'll spare you a few rations.

On top of that, they're using tax-payer's $$, bailout cash, and the ponzi stock/bond/currency/commodities markets to fund it.

As inequality soars, the nervous super rich are already planning their escapes -- 1/23/15 from the Davos 2015 bankster meeting
---> As inequality soars, the nervous super rich are already planning their escapes | Public Leaders Network | The Guardian

Where your boss will be come the revolution: 'Boltholes with airstrips' in New Zealand that are being bought by world's super-rich who want a hideout in case of 'civil uprising' -- 1/30/15
--->The 'boltholes with airstrips' in New Zealand being bought by the world's super-rich | Daily Mail Online

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sriuwxwols8

Alright then. Better get to work on my underground bunker here. And moat. With crocodiles.

Looks like the shit will hit the fan everywhere. I just hope it's holds off for another 30 years when I'm 70 and don't care if I go out guns blazing
Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
I just hope it's holds off for another 30 years when I'm 70 and don't care if I go out guns blazing
Heard dat!

Edit:
Well, 47 years, but the point still stands..
Old 04-12-2016, 08:53 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Alright then. Better get to work on my underground bunker here. And moat. With crocodiles.

Looks like the shit will hit the fan everywhere. I just hope it's holds off for another 30 years when I'm 70 and don't care if I go out guns blazing

...you and I both. But I have a gut feeling we won't be that lucky. 47 years Chuck? You have better odds winning the PowerBall at this point.

The only way for that to happen would be an operation so large, that it would mean "righting" the ship within the next 1-3 years in favor of the "people" such that a reset would take place and the next ~100 year cycle would then proceed up until the "evil" takes hold again which our legacies will then have to fight.

With regards to the current state of affairs, unfortunately the nation is too divided and too dumbed down to delay the shit-storm that's already here although there has been a significant "awakening" especially in just the last 6 months. It maybe too late to save the country but the good man above still wants me to fight to try and help individual souls....so I continue the fight.

...think "4th Turning" if you've never read the book or have listened to the authors speak....btw, this video is almost 20 years old now and look where we are today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXcDiGpVtbc

As I mentioned before and I strongly believe, blood will run in the streets (not all in 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month but over the course of at least a year) but all of the gold, silver, beans, bullets, & bandaids won't save you if you lose your soul in the process.

Prepare accordingly, don't forget to live and love a little, and most importantly get your soul "right" because at the end of the day, ultimately that's what you'll be fighting for.

Godspeed.

Last edited by DJ1; 04-12-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the benefits ofa free market system is we all get to decide for ourselves.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:16 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Cutman
One of the benefits ofa free market system is we all get to decide for ourselves.
Except when it's no longer "free" market and becomes a "crony-capitalist" market aka a FASCIST state.

Big banks committed fraud, should have gone under but instead got bailed out without a single high level executive getting incarcerated. Joe Pop's corner shop on the other hand received no bailouts and is left for dead. That is not "free" market. That is FASCISM.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Except when it's no longer "free" market and becomes a "crony-capitalist" market aka a FASCIST state.

Big banks committed fraud, should have gone under but instead got bailed out without a single high level executive getting incarcerated. Joe Pop's corner shop on the other hand received no bailouts and is left for dead. That is not "free" market. That is FASCISM.

No it is not. It pays to be accurate in your accusations because if you have a valid point, people will ignore you if you can't at least know the definitions of terms.

Fascism: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Fascism is a system of governmental control over major sections of industry and the economy. For example, Obamacare is a typically fascist policy. Minimum wage of $15/hr nationally would also be a fascist policy. The recent Wisconsin court decision overturning the state's right-to-work law is very close to a fascist policy. The big difference here is that fascism is oriented to benefit the government, and not business leaders or owners.

Crony Capitalism Definition | Investopedia

Crony capitalism, in as much as I hate that term, is when the politically connected individuals who run businesses get preferential treatment by government. Apple getting a giant tax break to build a facility in Austin is an example. The intent is to reward particular business owners specifically through the willful abuse of power.

Your bank example is not a case of either crony capitalism or fascism. It's simply an example of plain old institutional corruption, wherein the executive branch of government refuses to enforce the law when enforcement of the law would not be to their benefit politically en masse. It's not because the bankers were personal friends or family members of Barack Obama or Eric Holder that they were not prosecuted; it's because by and large those working in the banking field tend to vote for Democrats and contribute to Democratic campaigns. And the government does not run the banks, even indirectly. Individual politicians each stand to benefit in some way from looking the other way, and enough of them were in authority at the time to create a policy that favored the banks.

The exact same thing happens with the auto makers' bailout, constant intervention by the government in labor unions, etc. I seriously doubt we would have any new Jeeps at all if the government had not similarly intervened to bail out the American auto industry. This would be the "FJ-Forum", I guarantee it.

This is also exactly the same cause as our failure to enforce immigration laws, the reason why Hillary Clinton will likely not be prosecuted and why many other connected people avoid prosecution constantly, etc.

Now, bringing this back on topic, it would be "crony capitalism" if the EPA were to set aside the CAFE requirements for Jeep because Marchionne's daughter was married to Gina McCarthy's son (just making this up... I have no idea whether they have sons or daughters). And it would be fascism if the Supreme Court ruled that all American factory workers had to be given full health insurance benefits and be paid $40/hour for a minimum of 40 hours per week.

We have plenty of crony capitalism and fascist policies in the US government, so if you want to call us fascists, then I'd use a different example than the banks thing.

Last edited by mr72; 04-12-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:13 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Big Banking and Wall Street were the top major contributors combined to both parties in 2008 and 2012. High finance currently backing Hitlary. High finance currently backing Teddy Cruz. My statement stands.

...cause 'Murica.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Big Banking and Wall Street were the top major contributors combined to both parties in 2008 and 2012. High finance currently backing Hitlary. High finance currently backing Teddy Cruz. My statement stands.

...cause 'Murica.

Your statement is just wrong, but that's ok.

Campaign contributions != government policy. That's a source of corruption in government, but not a definition of fascism.

but I get it. You can't tell the difference. "...cause 'Murica."

Quick Reply: About Buying Chinese Goods for Your Jeep