Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

? about buying a JK

Old 03-13-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about buying a JK

Looking at buying a new JKU rubicon. Where can I find what the actual invoice price is? And is invoice the price the dealership paid the mfg for the vehicle? Any other info I need to know Thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com

Both list the retail prices, along with the invoice prices.

Click on "build your own" or something like that to see all the options and prices.

Mabar
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting options together on the jeep site can get you an idea of what options you want end up costing you. If you have a solid amount down and ready to finance, lowball it a bit. A JKU Rubi is definitely the top of.the totem pole for cost, especially with more add-ons
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be aware that if u r buying a jeep for the first time, they are much harder to negotiate than a regular SUV or car. The sales people know that 75% of the people who are looking at a wrangler are not going to buy another model or brand since they are in a class all by themselves so dont be surprised if the salesman tells u sticker is the price. Try a couple of dealers to see what u can get off the sticker price.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

I bought a 2002 wrangler in 2004 so not new to jeeps but I hear of people in other threads talking about how they pay 1-3% below invoice. And what extras should I be willing to pay for and which ones should I not pay? Such as holdback, doc fees etc thanks

Quick Reply: ? about buying a JK