Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Abs problems after lift

Old 12-30-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs problems after lift

So i installed my rough country 4" x series lift with 35" tires yesterday. Now when i hit the brakes the abs pump activates and continues to cycle until i am stopped. Also my traction control is causing the jeep to lurch forward while under power. I disabled the abs pump for the time being to counter that problem. But i am curious as to why i have this problem. And will the problem be corrected after i get realigned and reprogrammed?
Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you assemble everything and then torque all suspension components once the Jeep is back under its own weight?..if not, make sure you do that.
Also try disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins..
I have an 07, 2 door manual with a older rc 4"lift and haven't had any abs problems.
Edit:..missed your last line..there is a write up in the jk modified tech sticky, to help get your alignment close enough to rule out your alignment as being one of the issues

Last edited by efan450; 12-30-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

And also make sure your steering wheel is straight! On/off ramps on the highways are horrible I it's not right. But definitely go get an alignment. That should clear up any quirks you have.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

All problems disappeared after the alignment. Thanx forthe help guys

Quick Reply: Abs problems after lift