Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE Products Quality?

Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say a company that gives you a lifetime warranty on a product they know will be beat up is a company that trust that their products are built with such great quality that they wont need to be replaced when I buy new rails ill be buying ace
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
At that price, all competitive products of the same type don't come powder coated. Do some research and you will see.

ACE takes a big risk and eats a huge cost by offering powder coated products because of picky customers who treat their Jeeps like sports cars. They should do what everyone else does and ship bare steel.

listen the OP wanted opinions and i gave my HO...dont talk to me like im dumb. I am not by any means bashing ace. I use their rails and for the price yes thay are great but as I also stated I am in the navy and it probably doesnt help that i park near my my ship everyday on the water....with all the sand and salt.....with that said....with all the great reviews i went off of when i made up my mind that these were the rails i wanted...I was dissapointed when my DS rail had all these rust spots where the paint didnt stick....maybe I just got that odd ball out....but yes i would buy them again. now have a and take a chill pill your actin like i just talked shit about your wife
Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

ACE rails after one weekend in Big Bear. I resprayed them just before we left. Guess I need to hit them again.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Below is a quote from another thread about ace rails. Personally, if needing to run a stock Rubicon rail as a back up to the ace rails (as many guys do) in the event of deflection, well that doesn't seem like a great selling point on durability or sturdiness.

Originally Posted by MikeRM
I did a test lift in my garage with a hi-lift on my ace rails and it seems plenty sturdy. The ace rail deflected until it contacted the rubicon rail, not sure what it would do on a non-rubicon.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-point-243173/

Originally Posted by keithvegas
......I've read on this forum where a guy dropped on a rock with EVO sliders and it pushed his B pillar up to the point that the door doesn't close. I'll take a dent in the pinch seam before real body damage any day.
Haha! I gotta say man, you throw out a claim like this, I gotta throw out the BS flag. I would at least like to see that post cut and pasted in this thread. If you have ever seen EVO mfg rock sliders firsthand, you would know that to push the B pillar up that far and hard, that slider would have been torn from its mount and and the frame likely bent.

Last edited by GCM 2; 08-18-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Freak

If the search function on this forum didn't blow so hard I would post the thread as for your BS claim, I gotta throw out a GFY claim.

There is a big difference in bolt on and weld on. If you want to compare EVO to ACE you shouldn't use the ACE bolt on when they have a weld on option.

The story from the guy who bent his B pillar was basically that he dropped on a rock and the force pushed the body up. The response was that he was being too hard on his rig and I believe he was. He claimed he barely dropped it. I'm pretty sure it was a white JKU and he was in Cali. Had pics of it on the trail he did the damage.

I'm sure a big reason the OP asked about ACE and not EVO is that EVO runs twice the price.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:46 PM
JK Junkie

ACE will push up into the body I've seen it first hand. They compress against the Rubi rails and damage the body. I've never seen an EVO rail fail. That's why its what I'm running after my mistakes made with any body mounted slider. The only other option I would take would be Nemesis boat sliders those things are extremely well thought out and will take a ton if abuse.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
ACE will push up into the body I've seen it first hand. They compress against the Rubi rails and damage the body. I've never seen an EVO rail fail. That's why its what I'm running after my mistakes made with any body mounted slider. The only other option I would take would be Nemesis boat sliders those things are extremely well thought out and will take a ton if abuse.
You've seen it with weld ons or bolt ons? If it was weld ons then the install was a failure. If it was bolt ons then it is the mount flexing and you are comparing apples to oranges.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:57 PM
JK Junkie

Bolt on I thought that was what we were discussing. I've seen it happen with plenty of bolt on body mounted sliders. Their weld on ones look like a pain in the ass to put together. I can't weld so having someone piece by piece something like that would cost me an arm and a leg in labor. The evos you hold them up and weld that's it. They're worth the extra price to me. If I could weld on the other hand I wouldn't bother with anyone and I'd make my own and weld them to the frame.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by keithvegas
...The story from the guy who bent his B pillar was basically that he dropped on a rock and the force pushed the body up. The response was that he was being too hard on his rig and I believe he was. He claimed he barely dropped it. I'm pretty sure it was a white JKU and he was in Cali. Had pics of it on the trail he did the damage.
And again, if you have any actual experience to share with the EVO sliders, you would know this story does not hold true.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
And again, if you have any actual experience to share with the EVO sliders, you would know this story does not hold true.
Since this is a thread about ACE I decided to share my actual experience with the product the OP asked about.

Quick Reply: ACE Products Quality?