Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Advice needed

Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice needed

Hi folks!
I've been save'n pennies (litteraly) for 27 years and finaly went and bought a JEEP for cash! YEH! Kids are grown and gone and I'm still young enough to get in trouble (does that ever go away?...)

So I got pretty much what I wanted except all the stuff needed to survive on grade 7+ Arizona trails.

That would be more ground clearance, lockers, rock bumper, winch/air (warn has a SWEET 12,000 pound combo) Tire mount on the roof , ( I will mod that in myself ) so I can add jerry cans or some kind of extra fuel cans rig on the back.

My baby, ( I do mean this as I explained to the wife, she will have to bury me in my X) has 30"ers on r16s and no lockers just the esp stuff and whatever all CRAP that all is, (yeh i hate ABS too!). So is a suspension lift 1st? then the 35 or 36" tires/wheels? then the lockers? I mean I think I'm look'n at around 5 grand in total mods on it before I am done and I'm not talking about logos and make up and stuff.

There is a blizzard of options and I got NO pennies left so I need to target one thing at a time (and btw the carpet is coming out all together so I can find those drain holes and make 'em bigger....
LMAO

What does it tak to make an X swim? just a snorkel?

Thx in advance and a big Thank You to all of you for your participation here.
It's already been helpful and a pleasure.

Peace
Old 02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After more thought I'm leaning towards rock rails and then better skid pads and other underbody defensive measures.

I saw a set of tubular rails that can flip over so they can be set up so outbound rail sticks out and up (for now while its low enough for my wife to crawl up into) , or flipped so it sticks out and down acting as a bit of a step (for when it gets a few inches taller.

Whatcha think?

Quick Reply: Advice needed