Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Advice on spending my play money

Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on spending my play money

Finally saved to money to get my lift kit, new wheels, and tires for my JKU sport. I'm thinking I want a 2.5in lift although I haven't decided on which one. Also have not decided on what size tire. I defiantly want to go larger than stock. Because I will be getting wheels I have been looking into the combos where you get wheels and tires. I'm just looking for advice and opinions on places to get these combos, what size tires everyone prefers with around a 2.5 lift. Pictures on what you guys are running with a similar size lift are much appreciated. I like these rims http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...=92600+0029+07 and the price point is nice also. I have 3.73 diff with auto trans so I'm not sure if 35s would be to much for that and also for my front axel. I haven't had the time to go off-road yet but would love to. Trying to beef up my toy and have fun before Uncle Sam send me over seas.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:04 AM
JK Junkie

discount tire is where most but from. Good forum presence so there's deals to be had. You can find better deals on tires running 15's. Id only run 17's if plans on 37's in the future.
Also... Alloy wheel will save on weight wich will help on power loss.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 AM
N83
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to figure out if you'll be adding heavy bumpers/armor later on before you decide on a lift. If you're going to stack on the weight, you'll need a different kind of spring than if you're staying relatively stock.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

I will be putting bumpers on it at some point. That's a whole other savings plan lol. What type of springs would u recommend?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
discount tire is where most but from.
What did he say?.....not sure where most but..from
Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may wish to read the Sticky called "My Thoughts on Lifts" by theDirtman. It's well thought out, well written, and succinct. You may think of something and/or see it more clearly with a different perspective. Ultimately, it's up to you how to spend your play money - my two bits: have a plan, budget and timeline and try to stick to it. Find the systems and components and prioritize e.g.: CRITICAL (my jeep will not function without X) ESSENTIAL (my Jeep really should have Y, but I can add it later w/o adverse affect), ENHANCING (my Jeep would be cooler with Z, but I can wait until time/money allow)

You're already in a forum where fellow Jeep enthusiast will freely offer their advice and/or opinions - a good place indeed as we all share a similar fondness for a plucky 4x4.

Take your time and have fun!

Quick Reply: Advice on spending my play money