Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AEM Brute Force Intake. Live in Oregon and play in the mud sometimes. Bad idea?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Brute Force Intake. Live in Oregon and play in the mud sometimes. Bad idea?

I have the Superchips programmer on the way and want to take full advantage of fuel economy, hp, and torque. I am a little worried after hearing people say that the intakes are a great way to hydralock the engine when wheeling. I am looking for an intake that will keep the water out of the engine with no worries at all. Is this beyond reality? I only go through deep water a few times a year but it rains here constantly and I don't want to risk it if the pros say it is not a good idea. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Airraid CAI and placed a pre-filter (water repellent) and helps filter out the finer dusts. I have had no issues with rain or wet roads with my CAI system. However, I do mud and some deeper water crossings and I get nervrous once that water's starts getting close to the stock fenders. I am seriously consider putting my stock airbox back on and getting a snorkel for insurance for these off-road adventures.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default same thoughts

I have the same thoughts -- I just installed AEM's Brute Force -- have the flashpaq -- worried now that I made the wrong move with the intake... thinking about a snorkel. I'm not fond of the one which cuts through the side panel near the tires -- leaning towards the AEV. Any comments here?

How about the difference between Volants CAI Snorkel and the AEV... any significant power differences to be worth the 400 dollar difference?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Freak

Just get a snorkle before you regret it. Your not going to gain any power from either one so why increase your chance to hydrolock with a CAI?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jvalason
Just get a snorkle before you regret it. Your not going to gain any power from either one so why increase your chance to hydrolock with a CAI?
Good point -- anyone want to buy an AEM Brute Force Intake? - Less than 100 miles on it!!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Throw it in the classifieds and someone will snatch it up. For the right price............ I might.

Quick Reply: AEM Brute Force Intake. Live in Oregon and play in the mud sometimes. Bad idea?