Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AEV Hood Question

Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Hood Question

Hey fellas

I got some significant hail damage on my hood the other day and am looking to replace it with the AEV Heat Reduction Hood.

can anyone give me an idea of roughly how much it will cost me to have it painted Rescue Green (probably going to depend on alot of things, but i will probably have the Jeep Dealer here in town paint it)?

Secondly Any good leads on retailers that would give pretty good deals on shipping for the hood?

Thanks
Ks
Old 06-06-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to tell because of the location difference, however here in Lancaster Pa at the shop I deal with the cost would be $327.32. That would include both the top and underside in Jeep Matalic Rescue green. That would also include all preps needed, and rubbing out when through. The shop I deal with Lancaster Lincoln Mercury, although priced a bit higher than some places, has a very good reputation and guarantees their work. That would also include the clearcoat.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was quoted prices from $200 at Maaco, to $350 at a body shop.
I ended up having a friend paint it for the price of the paint I think we paid $50 for a pint.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by insanitize
I was quoted prices from $200 at Maaco, to $350 at a body shop.
I ended up having a friend paint it for the price of the paint I think we paid $50 for a pint.
how does it look
any pics
Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

No pics of the new hood yet. I took the Rubi offroading the day after I put the hood on and haven't washed it yet. I love the muddy look.

Quick Reply: AEV Hood Question