Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

African JKs

Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j&k'sjk
so are you considered an African American? if so are you aloud to check the box on the application.
Correct, you dont have to be black to be african american... I have a bunch of south african friends.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yellowbull
Correct, you dont have to be black to be african american... I have a bunch of south african friends.
I watched a rather funny and boisterous row between a white South Afrikaaner immigrant and an black American on who the "real" African-American was...

Suffice it to say the black gentlemen came to a rhetorical gun fight with a knife...
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hello South Africa!

In Johannesburg for the next week or more. Haven't seen many Jeeps just yet, but i keep a watch. I was here last November and spoke to a TJ owner, he seemed ready to try out a JK.
Visited the ARB off road store one day. Lots of goodies there! Also made it to the Jeep store at the Sandton City Mall. Bought a few Jeep SA tshirts! (SWEET!)
I hope to get out of the city this trip. I was here in 2002, and did a small safarri through one of the local nature reserves. Wish i had my Jeep for that!! I'm overdo for some sights! we debate making a journey down to Capetown, but not sure time will allow, .... so who knows, maybe....

See ya out there!!

Cheers!
Oliver
Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Oliver, welcome to SA - hope you have a great time! If you don't have time for Cape Town, see if you can squeeze in a visit to the Kruger park. Also remember that in SA you will find the best in the world!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAJeep
Hey Oliver, welcome to SA - hope you have a great time! If you don't have time for Cape Town, see if you can squeeze in a visit to the Kruger park. Also remember that in SA you will find the best in the world!
Besides "Lion" what are the good brands, again? I can't remember. (Last time was in SA was 2003).

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAJeep
Thanks for the greetings! it's always fun to come down here. Just wish the flight could be a tad quicker!!! So far, i've grown a taste for HANSA... will keep trying others!
spotted a yellow two door jk today on my way to work near the airport.
When i was here in 02', we hit a small safarri park.... i believe it was "Lion Park". it was really fun to drive around the lions feasting!! I'll look up Kruger Park and see if it will work for our stay!! Thanks for the insite!!!!
~O
Old 02-19-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will be in cape town in june for the World Cup so i will keep an eye out and snap some pictures of jks if I see any.. and any other jeeps for that matter.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry guys! I can't see any of the pics. Any suggestions?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oli~d
Thanks for the greetings! it's always fun to come down here. Just wish the flight could be a tad quicker!!! So far, i've grown a taste for HANSA... will keep trying others!
spotted a yellow two door jk today on my way to work near the airport.
When i was here in 02', we hit a small safarri park.... i believe it was "Lion Park". it was really fun to drive around the lions feasting!! I'll look up Kruger Park and see if it will work for our stay!! Thanks for the insite!!!!
~O
I guess by now you have returned home, hope you had a good time. You shouldn't be surprised at not seeing too many JKs, sales have only recently hit 100 per month in the country.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbundy13
i will be in cape town in june for the World Cup so i will keep an eye out and snap some pictures of jks if I see any.. and any other jeeps for that matter.
The tournament is going to be a great spectacle - hope you enjoy it. Cape town is a great place although the weather may not be great that time of the year.

Quick Reply: African JKs