Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ahah busted a co-worker on his fake rubicon

Old 10-15-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ahah busted a co-worker on his fake rubicon

so one of my co-workers has been talking about a jk since he saw mine. well he keeps talking up how mine isnt a rubicon and talking crap that i didnt splurge on the extra cash for one and blah blah blah. well he finally got an 08 jk "rubicon" last weekend and drove it to work today and made a point to park next to mine. well when i see him he has this huge grin like hes the hottest thing ever. goes on to say that hes so glad he went all out for a rubi and this and that. lots of crap talk. well i noticed a few problems with his "rubi" first off it had sra's on it, had the x decal on the side, and no dana 44 axle up front. he did have a rubicon decal on the hood tho. so i ask him about everything i noticed. he pretty much tells me that i dont know what i am talking about and blows me off. so another guy we work with has a jk and ask him to look it over without any input and immediately says "nice fake rubicon". he also point out that the rubicon decal was in the wrong font and had air bubbles in them!! so basically rubi boy gets all pissy and tells us to screw off as we laugh at him!! he hasnt spaoken to us in three days and wont park by us anymore. good times!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, thats really funny. at least take off the X sticker if you're trying to pass it as a rubi. or is that a new option for the 09, rubiX
Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Did he buy it used i guess? If so, i bet he overpaid thinking it was a Rubi...... Sucks to be him
Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Former Member

I would take a knife and cut the R where the angle line is and take that off, then he would have a Pubicon.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REL1203
Did he buy it used i guess? If so, i bet he overpaid thinking it was a Rubi...... Sucks to be him
no, what he did is talk alot of crap, buy an x, bought rubicon decals and put them onand try to pass it off as a real rubicon without taking the x decals off!! basically now he is embarrassed because he got caught in a lie and cant talk his way out of it. ahahah he would show us his build sheet when we asked for it.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
I would take a knife and cut the R where the angle line is and take that off, then he would have a Pubicon.
do it! do it! do it!
send us pics afterwards!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

It easy enough to build a really nice JK by starting with an X.....Only someone who knew nothing about Jeep would think that the RUBI was the "end all be all" of JKs, and think he needed a Rubi to be cool.
Its funny he knew even less and couldnt even figure out to yank the x sticker. Most ppl wouldnt notice axle, tire, or seat differences....but a huge, ugly X? Most X owners I know even pull that off.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ha ha that's funny
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

At bare minimum you have to change the tires and pull the X sticker. I pulled the X sticker day one anyway, put rubi tires on, and even went with the factory rubi rail to hide the the ugly pinch seam, but I could not bring myself to add rubi stickers...that just don't seam right.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an X and would never try to pull that off. I wish I could of got a Rubi but maybe next time.

Quick Reply: ahah busted a co-worker on his fake rubicon