Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Air Conditioning condensation leakage

Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning condensation leakage

I am happy to say that in 16+ months of JK ownership, only yesterday did I really use the air conditioner for the first time for any real legth of time.

It works great, keeps the inside nice and cool and dry with the soft top up, but I did notice what I consider to be a lot of condensation leakage from under the Jeep (in the Xfer case area).

I realize this is perfectly normal, especially on really humid days like we have had here, but I just wanted a sanity check to make sure that others have observed what seems to be more than the normal amount of condensation leakage underthe Jeep, after it is parked.
I hear it steaming agaist the exhaust and forming a good puddle underneath with maybe a drip every three seconds or so. Anyone else confirm this as common / normal.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I noticed the same with me. One day I went into the store came out and saw a large liquid puddle underneath and started freaking out like the oil pan had a hole in it or a line busted. so I crawled up underneath and looked all around and stuck a finger in the puddle it was clear and I smelled it and didn't have any oil or gas smell and my buddy told me it looked like my Jeep was pissing going down the road when I was running my AC on high. so after that I didn't worry anymore being it was condinsation.. So yeah I would say don't worry about it even though it is alot of water comming from it.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning condensation leakage