Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Air Deflector For Hood

Old 02-08-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Deflector For Hood

Has anyone installed a Hood Air Deflector to prevent windshield cracks ? If so, does it work & how dorky does it look?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the other Jeeps I have ever owned have I had a deflector. I have never had a cracked Windshield. I did a fair amount of offroad, street, and highway driving in them.

Besides, a cracked windshield gives it character.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cessna
Has anyone installed a Hood Air Deflector to prevent windshield cracks ? If so, does it work & how dorky does it look?
Unless you are getting cracked windshields from bugs, You probably won't avoid a cracked windshield from this mod. They certainly aren't moving enough air to deflect a rock coming in fast enough to break your glass.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got My Mopar Bugshield Today, The Instructions State You Have To Drill Holes In The Underside Of The Hood. I Thought It Would Bolt Into Stock Holes, Guess Not. Will Post How The Install Goes. I Already Have 3 Rock Chips In My Windshield, Hope This Helps Out.

Quick Reply: Air Deflector For Hood