Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I too Old for a JK ;-) ??

Old 02-26-2007, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your salesman has been brainwashed by the media....Don't listen to him
He also just wants you to buy a more expensive vehicle just so he can get a fatter paycheck.
If I was you I would concider it an insult and either give a different salesman your buisness or even go to a whole different dealership.

Buy which ever vehicle is gonna make you happy, because that's all that really counts.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From 16 ti'll Death you can own a JK Wrangler or Jeep period ,..I'm 58 and I don't drive a Crown Victoria.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How old is old?

My salesman actually told me that the Wrangler was for "young single guys". Is 35 still "young"? My 7 yo daughter fits in the back seat pretty well, she's pretty limber to crawl in there. She thinks its fun! Well if you take my kid's age and mine then average them, then our average is a young 21!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Packman
I'm 57 and will NEVER drive anything but Jeeps. As I like to say I'm not pushing 60, I'm dragging 50
I always tell people who ask i am I am 40, dragging 30!

wow, i must have got that from you then!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

I am 59 and love my JK. For that matter, I loved my TJ but it was a much harsher ride and was not my only vechicle. While the JK is not my only vehicle, I would have no problem if were the only one I owned. I don't think I would have wanted a TJ for my only vehicle. Some of my friends think I am not exactly right because I have a Wrangler and a Ford F-250 with a four inch lift. I don't, and won't, ever own anything like a Crown Vic.

I believe that if you think you are old, you are. I learned in Vietnam that there are no guarantees for tomorrow or even the rest of today, so live your life like you want, and don't let others control what you choose to do. I own 20+ motorcycles and can still get on a wide glide or soft tail and ride to Daytona in one day (600 miles). I am getting ready to do the first iron butt 1,000 mile in 24 hr ride. My 84 year old mother, shortly before she passed, looked at me and said "in my mind, I'm still 20." I know how she feels.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Motocane;37020]I am 59 and love my JK.
I believe that if you think you are old, you are. I learned in Vietnam that there are no guarantees for tomorrow or even the rest of today, so live your life like you want, and don't let others control what you choose to do.

Welcome Home Vet,.......
Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, reading all this, I really feel like an old fart.

I just sold my Suburban and bought my first Jeep and I am 64 going on 25 and never looked back.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 48 and just bought my first new car 07 Rubi, 4 Dr, Rescue Green. Never liked new cars. I've owned over 40 vehicles since I started driving. I've had large (K 5 Blazer, GMC 1500, full size Wagonner) and small (Honda Del Sol, VW beetle, TR6) and never feel age has anything to do with driving. I know that there will come a time when I will have to stop but till then I'm gonna have as much fun as I can. My kids call me old man, but that's just a term of endearment, now if I can only convince my eyes that I'm not getting older.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Egmont

I just sold my Suburban and bought my first Jeep and I am 64 going on 25 and never looked back.
you should feel at least 25 years younger after dropping the suburban! i had one of those breifly *shudders* and felt like i was on a day pass from the octogenerian housing every time i drove it.

Suburbans are barely above crown victorias to me anyhow.

I love my Jeep, i honestly can't see me not having one. I do NOT miss my F150 at all. (the huge always-there trunk was nice, but not a requirement) I have only "missed" that one time, and it actually helped.

Telephone caller: "Hey! can you help me move thing X from point A to point B?"
Answer: "why no, my ever-demanding pain in the a** friend, i cannot... i dont have a truck anymore..." come to think of it, havent heard from that friend since...

nope, never missed it at all... I love my Jeep.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Egmont

Well I'm pi$$ed, you beat out on this Special Parking Spot
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Am I too Old for a JK ;-) ??