Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another newb could use some opinions

Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newb could use some opinions

Hi everyone. 1st post here. Been a member for a long time and have been all over this forum. I finally got my 2012 JKU Rubi in January. 4.10 gears and am looking to start my build. By living in Missouri I probably won't be off roading every weekend but am planning a trip to Colorado this summer. I could use some suggestions and would appreciate the forum help. On road performance is important to me as my wife loves to drive the jeep also. Would the new Aev 2.5 lift and stock wheels get me to some decent trails in Colorado or would I need to go to a larger lift? Any Input would be helpful.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Barukas
Hi everyone. 1st post here. Been a member for a long time and have been all over this forum. I finally got my 2012 JKU Rubi in January. 4.10 gears and am looking to start my build. By living in Missouri I probably won't be off roading every weekend but am planning a trip to Colorado this summer. I could use some suggestions and would appreciate the forum help. On road performance is important to me as my wife loves to drive the jeep also. Would the new Aev 2.5 lift and stock wheels get me to some decent trails in Colorado or would I need to go to a larger lift? Any Input would be helpful.
A stock JKUR will get you thru almost any trail rated 7 or less. Check out xxw.traildamage.com. Hit me up when you're coming. We go wheeling every weekend.

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-17-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I know the stock JKUR is very capable but I have about $2000.00 burning a hole in my pocket. It's my 5th jeep but first Wrangler and I am new to mods. I'll check out the vids.

Quick Reply: Another newb could use some opinions